Fobus +mag pouch or an imi holster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fobus +mag pouch or an imi holster

Hey guys looking for a holster and cant decide on these two. I have heard that it is really hard to get a gun out of a Fobus but others say there brill. Any advice and past experiences would be appriecated. The fobus though comes with a duel mag mag pouch too ( I have a glock
    Don't u hate it how glock is corrected to flock by ipods

Re: Fobus +mag pouch or an imi holster

Fobus Holsters, so long as it is a real one, are perfect for getting guns in and out of however with the TM Glock it is slightly too wide due to a slide and frame redesign and wont fit real steel Glock Fobus holsters.

However if it is a KSC / KWA it will be fine.

'FireKnife'
    68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
    Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

I have a kwa glock 19 so you reckon the fobus? Oh and I know this is in the wrong place but you seem like you might know how can I get my barrel silver polished. Thanks for the quick reply really appreciate it

Comment

Beware of Fobus holsters! They aren't bad and they're certainly good value for money but the first concern i had owning one was 'will my pistol fall out if i run?'

Sure enough, it did, at Urban Assault... A marshall luckily found it.

This experience quickly propmted me to buy an IMI retention holster and i haven't looked back since. If you decide on a fobus, great, just keep an eye on your pistol running about...

Comment

If you are planning to play Urban or CQB the Fobus is the better choice as you will spend less time running and more time corridor stalking.

However for woodland work where you will run a lot more try a holster with a better retention, whichever you want it up to you.

Though personally i have never had my 1911 fall out my Fobus, or even come loose for that matter.

As for polishing the outer barrel it is a bit hit and miss as the KWA guns are not made of fantastic metal so you would probably be better off leaving it with the paint on.

'FireKnife'
          Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by FireKnife View Post
            Though personally i have never had my 1911 fall out my Fobus, or even come loose for that matter.
            'FireKnife'
            I believe it is only liable to coming out during pretty fast running/sprinting... One could argue that all of you're gear is liable to flopping about during sprinting I suppose.

The marshall who found my 1911 found it one the path from A to B that I did the fastest sprinting in that day, so its no coincedence. Its just the stomping motion of the leg coming down and the opposite motion of the pistol wants to move and I guess those two combined equals 1911 popping right out...

Comment

If you buy a Fobus intended for a Glock 17/19 there is no danger of it falling out. You will also struggle to draw it. Get one intended for the Glock 21 (.45) as aorsoft Glocks are wider than RS so suit the holsters for .45's better as they have wider slides.
              The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

re: fobus and losing pistol.
                you did set the retention up correctly right?
                trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
                http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

I don't think I'll be runnin loads maybe a quick sprint for cover but nothing more. I like the mag pouch that comes with the fobus and that it is rubber coated rather than plastic I normally just use my glock as a primary as it's more fun so I thought that mag pouch would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by ste887 View Post
                    re: fobus and losing pistol.
                    you did set the retention up correctly right?
                    The retention on a Fobus isn't the same as other moulded holsters. It grips the trigger guard of the pistol and keeps tension on the long sides of the slide and frame. It can't be adjusted, it is set to hold the gun while allowing a smooth draw by not having straps and thumb breaks in the way.

Anyway as for the mag pouch that comes with it the Fobus holsters are more of a law enforcement, tactical or competition holster than a combat holster. They are perfect for CQB as they give a fast draw and you wont be moving around too much. However if playing woodland something more secure with say a flap or strap to cover the magazine would be much better as it will give you piece of mind that the mag wont fall out.

Stick with the Fobus for indoors and CQB, if you want to go woodland then i would say a holster designed more for combat would be better.

'FireKnife'

Comment

Originally posted by FireKnife View Post
                      The retention on a Fobus isn't the same as other moulded holsters. It grips the trigger guard of the pistol and keeps tension on the long sides of the slide and frame. It can't be adjusted, it is set to hold the gun while allowing a smooth draw by not having straps and thumb breaks in the way.

Anyway as for the mag pouch that comes with it the Fobus holsters are more of a law enforcement, tactical or competition holster than a combat holster. They are perfect for CQB as they give a fast draw and you wont be moving around too much. However if playing woodland something more secure with say a flap or strap to cover the magazine would be much better as it will give you piece of mind that the mag wont fall out.

Stick with the Fobus for indoors and CQB, if you want to go woodland then i would say a holster designed more for combat would be better.

'FireKnife'
                      thats funny, mine had a screw you could increase the retention with. i just set it to "ducks arse" and away i went
                      trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
                      http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

I have a fobus for my px4. It has adjustable retention and I had to slacken it when I got it as I couldn't get my pistol out tugging on it let alone it falling out. Got it set nicely for me now and it comes out smoothly with a slight twist to take the tension off the trigger guard.

I agree though that I use the holster for cqb and indoor. For woodland I use an adjustable guarder holster. The fobus mag holders are awesome for indoor/cqb but I'd never use them in woodland. I prefer to have my mags in Velcro mag holders where there is no chance of them falling out.

Comment

The newer models have a retention screw iirc. As for the method of retention it is the trigger guard area not the slide. The holster is molded around the trigger/guard so there's an indent which sits inside the trigger guard and holds the pistol secure.
                          The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

Thanks guys am gonna get the fobus thanks again bye

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

dueldeserteagle Find out more about dueldeserteagle
                            Working...
                            X