Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GR16 Body

Hello,

I have a G&G GR16 Carbine and I am trying to find a new metal body for it.

What receiver would fit it? Would any M4 body fit? or would it need to be something specific.

All suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Insanity
    Delta since '08

Re: GR16 Body

EDIT: I forgot to ask, is it a blowback type GR16 carbine? If the answer is yes then much, if not all, of what I have said below won't be of any use to you as the blowback mech atop the special gearbox makes it almost propietary.

G&P bodies are a good match for the GR16 dimensions. Fit and finish wise they are definetly of quality. They also provide some of the most realistic markings of any AR receivers.

Dboys bodies will also fit if you need a cheaper alternative. They can be hit and miss but for a cheap chinese alternative they are certainly the best of their class in my personal experience. Finish wise they are fairly sound. I have heard of a couple of snappages amongst the 'lemons' of the china makes though, including Dboys.

Classic Army would fit okay. Having said that, although I can suggest it as an option, I would most certainly not personally endorse CA receivers. They are some of the worst metal receivers available. The finish is off, with nasty trades and paint that flakes rather easily. They are the most prone manufacture to snapping aswell, usually at the head of the buffer tube attachment.

ICS will not fit, wrong type of platform to that of the GR16 for the most part.

King Arms have a respectable range of receivers, with particullarly nice finishing to them. Can't vouch personally for their build quality and strength but by all accounts they are definetly on par with G&P.

I would suggest you consider shelling out for something of quality that won't fail on you. Based on my notes above you may be able to tell that the two main manufatures to fit this bill are G&P and KA. To decide between the two, price and availability in the UK will probably be important to you.

Comment

Yes this is the Blowback Version.

Sorry, should have mentioned that in the original post!

Thanks though,
      Insanity
      Delta since '08

Comment

Well, then you are left with two options tbh mate.

You can get rid of the blowback mech (and therefore function) from your GB thus leaving the way clear for you to upgrade to a metal receiver as above.

OR

You can stick with your plastic receiver. Regretably, this original plastic receiver is the only one which will accept the top mounted pneumatic blowback mechanism, that is at least with out a fair amount of modification with a dremel tool to make some room for it.

Comment

OR- You could sell the plastic receiver & blowback mech... And a second hand metal one for £40 odd off here, and a Modify tremors kit, which actual gives recoil

Comment

Hi,

I have one of these guns with the blowback. Your only option if you want a metal body is to send an email to G&G and actually ask them to send you a metal body replacement. I was going to do this myself but after they quoted me about $130 I decided against.

But if you have the money and you want to keep the blowback then go for it. The choice is yours mate.

Hope that helps.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Insanity Find out more about Insanity
            Working...
            X