Getting my First Gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting my First Gun

Hey, im pretty new to airsofting, ive only been 2 times so far (Today and 3 weeks ago) but im looking for my own gun, the first time i went i use my mates gun, and today i used a Rented gun (what was good but prefer to get my own to save money over the long run)

Ive been looking at This gun: http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=5774

but im really unsure about it, does anyone know if this gun has a good range or anything?

and should i get the black version or Tanned version?

Tanned Version: http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=6084

If this gun is crap can someone recommend any better guns within my budget (upto £150)

But the £150 is only my GUN Budget, i have put some money to one side to buy some extra's for the gun

Re: Getting my First Gun

A member of the Delta Rats uses one with an aimpoint... very good weapon, nice Rate of Fire, definitely good for the price.

Comment

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=6083
      ??

lol joke...

That gun is a great choice but you might want to get the shorter barrel length model as you can then use it for CQB as well
      Lady Astor (first woman MP in the House of Commons): "Mr Churchill, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your tea."
      Winston (getting unsteadily to his feet): "Madam, if I were your husband ... I'd drink it."

Comment

But apparently you get a better range with the longer barrel (According to my brother and one of my mates)

Comment

True but only up to a certain point, if your so worried about range then go with the longer barrel model. Horses for courses
          Lady Astor (first woman MP in the House of Commons): "Mr Churchill, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your tea."
          Winston (getting unsteadily to his feet): "Madam, if I were your husband ... I'd drink it."

Comment

Originally posted by Stickybomb View Post
            True but only up to a certain point, if your so worried about range then go with the longer barrel model. Horses for courses
            thanks for that

BTW should i upgrade to the M100 Spring & Bushings?? or would that give me a chance of going over 330 FPS (one site i go to in Bloxworth has a limit of 330)

and now i have the Choice of getting Tanned or not, im tempted to get tanned due to me going to "The Rock" in 2 weeks time for a 2 day event, but im not sure if i would use it for Woodland or Desert-themed areas

Comment

If your limit is 330 then i suggest not as m100 would take it over that

Comment

the g&g raider u r on about is the same range as its longer barreled brother but u cant use it for cqb as its about 350fps out of the box

Comment

Originally posted by Stickybomb View Post
                  If your limit is 330 then i suggest not as m100 would take it over that
                  kk, my brother used his M14 today with M100 springs (i think)

in the morning it was 295FPS (10:00) and after lunch (1:30) it went way upto 335 xD

anyway im looking at if i should get tanned or not (Tanned is harder to get the parts like ACOG in the correct colour)

Comment

Just get black and if you dont like it in the future you can get tan krylon spray cans for ~£9

Comment

Thanks for the help, all ive gotta do is wait for it to become instock again

and HOPEFULLY il get it befor this sunday so i can play at Ground Zero with it

Comment

see u there

Comment

Try and get it chrono'd at GZ incase its over 350fps
                          I dont want a large welt on me

Comment

Just keep in mind there is almost no correlation between range and barrel length. It isn;t noticeable, if it is there at all. Range comes from a decent hop up.

Comment

Well, until you've played for at least two months, you'll be getting a 51% brightly coloured gun (not including Tan), assuming you're over 18, as per the Violent Crime Reduction Act 2007.

That said, maybe by the time those two and a bit months is up, the gun you linked to will be available, and you won't have to have it tainted/painted.

If you're over 18, my advice, and the advice of the overwhelming majority of regular skirmishers, is going to be that you wait, play a few more games, get your legal defence and site membership sorted, save up for the best gun you can afford, and then go gun-hunting. In the mean time, assuming you've not done so already, pick up the essentials (boots, face mask, clothing, perhaps a vest) and get skirmishing.
                              Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Redknight106 Find out more about Redknight106
                              Working...
                              X