• Show
Clear All

• WW2 Gun, MP40 or Thompson

which one, which make and why that one?

cheers guys
    Originally posted by Fenriz
    Hicaps are as bad as two-tone. Or rape.

Re: WW2 Gun, MP40 or Thompson

I'd go with a TM Thompson m1a1 , it's a great gun , good range , can't really beat it , I bit more expensive then an mp40 but I don't Thimphu will break as easy unless you give it some hammer. I know some people who have had something happen to the barrel though so be careful with that . Unsure on how good mags are and how easy they are to get . But I'd give the gun a 9/10

Comment

TM Thompson's are awsome out the box, but you can get an ASG MP40 from Mr Nick and have it shoot better than alot of upraged TM guns for £250.

And the KA MP40 mags are cheap as chips.
      Jamie Fox (Gloryboy21): Team Sneaky Badger Gimp and professional russian in trainning

Originally posted by palmer234
      I don't need a laser to blind someone, I have a penis..

Comment

i'm torn between both of them because they're nice looking guns, i've also seen the KA thompson with real wood at Mr Nick's place of work, and i love the feel of it

i'll probably pop down and speak to mr nick tomorrow sometime Jamie

Comment

Just sold a AGM MP40, and in all honesty it was a great little shooter, its had nothing but good reviews with the only anoyances being having a fire selector and stock wobble(however the real one did as well). The magazines are 12 quid a pop for it.
          I have heard good things about the TM Thompson apart from the barrel being weak and snapping, I had a play with a Cyma one a while and it was great, true gangster style drum mag and cuts compensator.
          section 24 of the 1968 Act
          Supplying imitation firearms to minors
          1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
          2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Iv had a look at the KA Thompson and i have to say it hate it. Out the box any way, the drum mag feels rubbish, stock and grip feel and look ok from one way and rubbish from anougher. The stock and grip alo seem to be to long for fireing from the shoulder, which as you know im a big guy.

Unless some TM midcaps work in one then id pass, but if they do it would be on par with a TM in terms of look and feel. Not had a shoot with the KA but its going to be hard to top the TM for internals.
            Jamie Fox (Gloryboy21): Team Sneaky Badger Gimp and professional russian in trainning

Originally posted by palmer234
            I don't need a laser to blind someone, I have a penis..

Comment

i want the normal one, not the one with drum mag and hand grip

it may just be a case of getting all of them to keep myself happy

Comment

i was in the same situation.

depends, are you going for a WWII kit?

i went for the SRC III MP40, its an EBB, it's full metal with the brown bakelite grips, mags are hi-caps, amazing hop-up unit and fantastic build quality.

mp40 over a thompson, or a thompson over an MP40. its hard to choose, both look awesome.

the thompson you can get real wood, and everyone loves wood, but the MP40 has that very useful folding stock...

honestly, its too hard to choose, it depends which you like the best. both guns have great companies building them and parts, mags, slings etc are available.

Boris
                K98 sale ----> http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...43#post1216243

Comment

I know a few folks with the KA tommy, they've all had the piston shatter within around half a days play.
                  Life is a short warm moment, death is a long cold rest,
                  you get your chance to try, in the twinkling of an eye,
                  eighty years with luck or even less.

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
                    I had a play with a Cyma one a while and it was great, true gangster style drum mag and cuts compensator.
                    Please don't mention that abomination! The ONLY accurate part of that gun is the length of the compensator. Nothing else.

WRT the OP:
                    Cyma Thompson M1A1. They redesigned the front end, so they're less likely to break than the TMs.
                    You can get mids for them if you want to milsim, AND hi-caps for open days. You can't get hi-caps for the AGM MP40s.

I use my M1A1 quite a bit at my local site...

Comment

I noticed no differences other than the materials used, the fact it's the same as the M1A1 Thompson by cyma, just with the 30s style drum mag and cuts compensator!
                      section 24 of the 1968 Act
                      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

That's exactly the point, Sean. Compared to an M1A1, an M1928 (which is what they're marketing it as) has a different receiver, different frame (lower receiver), different pistol grip, different safety and selector levers, different butt, different barrel...

Cyma's abomination is an M1A1 with a different front end, a drum mag and a different rearsight protector. Drum mags couldn't be fitted to M1A1s because they go in sideways, and the M1A1 receivers didn't have the needed locator groves milled into the sides of the "magwell" cutout. Cyma's version uses the box mag groove which real ones didn't (I speculate the reason being so that the mag catch didn't need to take the extra weight).
                        WRT the Cutts Compensator on them: I have blueprints of the original (and make repros to fit TM/Cyma M1A1s BTW).
                        The only accurate dimension is the length. Its diameter is too small, and the slots are "cut" wrong - they have flat bottoms at the sides like they were cut by a saw going across. They should be curved like the saw was plunged into the top.

The ONLY reason I bought one was because it was cheap and I wanted to build a proper 1928 without wrecking my M1A1.

</rant>

WRT the difference between the Cyma and TM barrels, it's in the way the "gripmount" is cast onto the bottom of the barrel. The Cyma has a bit more material there which reduces the likelihood of breakage. Oh, and the Cyma fore grip screw is straight, but I've read the TM is angled (which is accurate to real-steel).

Comment

so it looks like Cyma decided to bodge one, as a true M1928 would be impratical to produce from scratch due to the costs,and possible poor returns as there are little demand for it.......at least they tried

but its an interesting post from you,as i would never have realised these issues, had i bought one though,i wouldve been happy in my ignorance
                          VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                          trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

I use an AGM MP40 for my WWII german loadout and I must say it's brilliant. The externals are very nice, but what impresses me most in the actual performance. I have guns that cost over 4x as much as the MP40 but are still outranged by it. As other have said the KA mags are very cheap and work great.

The only drawback is if you want super realism. Unlike the real steel, the AGM has a semi/auto fire selector. However as a skirmisher rather than a reenactor this is a positive feature for me, especially as some sites have a 'semi-auto only when inside buildings' rule. It also has a battery cut-off/safety on the bottom of the grip. This was the reason I chose the AGM over the SRC model.

Comment

Am I missing the point or is the choice between an Allied and an Axis gun.

Surely the choice is going to be down to your gear and uniform.. You're not going to buy a MP40 and a luger and then dress as a G.I. or a Thomson and 1911 and dress as wehrmacht

You could go brittish with a STEN or russian with a PPSH-41

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

riddick 1811 22, been airsofting for 6 years Find out more about riddick 1811
                              Working...
                              X