Gas shotguns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas shotguns?

hey guys, sorry if this is in the wrong section.
    regarding the title, looking to improve my Cqb gear and im swaying to the idea of a shotgun.
    Since i go for the "realistic" look for airsoft, i was wondering if the Gas shotguns are that much better than springers for price and if so which would be the best for its money

been looking at the ACM m500 and is curious to know whether purchasing second hand is worth it

cheers in advance
    They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far
    -Tony Stark
    sigpic

Re: Gas shotguns?

Had an ACM M500 and loved it.

I wish I hadn't sold it!
    sigpic

Comment

love my ACM m500 but need to fix it..again

just be aware of that, it will require fixes

Comment

Have one, love it.

Comment

would you guys reccomend the wooden version or not? also would a second hand purchase be worth the risk? as said, o-rings and such might need replacing on them if its second hand
          They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far
          -Tony Stark
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DMC airsoft View Post
            wooden version or not? also would a second hand purchase be worth the risk?
            In my opinion, the Wood version makes it too heavy. I have the faux wood version, has a nice weight to it and isn't too heavy to lug around or sweep a room with.

It depends what condition it is in. If parts need replacing i'll more than gladly show you how to disassemble and replace via video call.

Comment

ah right cool, very kind of you to offer the help, still need to find a good site in the northwest that has indoor Cqb, my usual site has reasently stopped with the lack on interest in it

Originally posted by REMSoft View Post
              In my opinion, the Wood version makes it too heavy. I have the faux wood version, has a nice weight to it and isn't too heavy to lug around or sweep a room with.

It depends what condition it is in. If parts need replacing i'll more than gladly show you how to disassemble and replace via video call.
              -Tony Stark
              sigpic

Comment

Loved mine, then sold it

if you need a set of custom made steel arms made up, i know a guy in the states that made some up for me and a friend

Comment

Originally posted by Jez@Devoted View Post
                  if you need a set of custom made steel arms made up, i know a guy in the states that made some up for me and a friend
                  If that's GughesMK3 on Arnie's the parts will need to be modified to fit on the ACM M500. Took me about an hour of nit-picking and filing to them right. A dremel can speed that up massively!

Comment

regarding the 8mm and 6mm versions, will standard .2s work in the 8mm version?
                    -Tony Stark
                    sigpic

Comment

m500 =most fun ever
                      theyre are very simple to work on but if your not sure where to begin
                      ai magazine are doing a project with one ,worth picking up back issue to figure out stripdown and maintanance.

Comment

regarding the 8mm and 6mm versions, will standard .2s work in the 8mm version?
                        As in 6mm .2s? I don't think so, they'll bunch up and stop the mechanism from returning when you pump forward. I have the 6mm.

Comment

iv found the 8mm version for fairly cheap, however if theres an issue with bbs and such it might not be worth the effort
                          -Tony Stark
                          sigpic

Comment

hi dmc
                            i have a black shorty and a full stock chrome acm500.
                            would not be without them....
                            as for the seals they are easy to replace i use an upgraded oring which i found on the internet.
                            as for the rails only one side ever breaks and i have this down to a fine act of making a new one.
                            at elite action games i am know as the shotgun king as there is nothing i cant fix with a gas shotgun

Comment

iv found the 8mm version for fairly cheap, however if theres an issue with bbs and such it might not be worth the effort
                              Same place does the 8mm bbs too. Though they are currently 'out of stock'
                              Last edited by BAMF; 19 May, 2011, 20:14. Reason: Add info
                              There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

DMC airsoft Find out more about DMC airsoft
                              Working...
                              X