This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&G M14 veteran - any good?

First things first - I do not want a TM M14. If that's all you've got to add then sod off and annoy someone else. I've got better things to do with my time than mess about upgrading a plastic bodied gun to fire 100+ fps faster and to fit a wood stock.

Right....

I've always fancied having an M14, but don't like them in the more modern plastic stocked incarnation. Upgrading from a plastic one is too much hassle for me to be bothered with, so I've been keeping my eyes open for one with a wood stock that's both capable of firing at DMR speeds (locked to semi, obviously) and is at a reasonable price.

I saw the G&G veteran when they came out, but they were too expensive for my liking. Now I've seen I can get one for about the £300 mark new. As that comes with a fully upgraded 'box, shooting around 400fps, and a walnut stock that seems to be what I'm looking for.

All the reviews I've seen so far have been good ones, but does anyone here have any experience of them?

Also, I've seen reviews that say they're not compatible with TM mags, so are there any low/mid caps that will fit as I'd rather not have high caps in one of these?
    sigpic

Re: G&G M14 veteran - any good?

Dont personally own one, but a bloke at my regular site (the rock) has one and i've had a few shots with it. Out of the box it was holding better groupings and hitting out further than my upgraded Cyma (pretty much TM now with a TM barrel and hop). Very nice feel to it as well, the metals are good quality and the wooden stock was a nice touch too. Don't know about battery space though, i've heard they come wired with a mini connector so i'm assuming large's won't fit. Hope this helped mate, can't really say much about it other than that.

Comment

I can confirm that G&G m14s do not fit marui mags. I have yet to find any mid caps that will due to the way the mags are designed. Other more knowledgeable members might be able to inform you better, however I can tell you the reason that they don't is that the back of the magwell has a small block that comes down maybe about 1cm and the g&g mags have a block cut out of them where you load the bbs that let's them fit around this.

Not the best description in the world but if you google G&G m14 mags you'll easily see what I mean.
      Armoury: VFC SCAR L, VFC SCAR H SSR, VFC Mk13 EGLM, KWA Vector, TM VSR-10, WE HK416, WE AKS74UN, WE SCAR L x2, DE M56 + M56B, Maruzen M1100 + M870, LaZouche Custom Shop Colt Mk.IV Series 70, TM 1911 MEU, TM 1911 Desert Warrior, TM Desert Eagle.

Comment

Originally posted by DanBeresford View Post
        Not the best description in the world but if you google G&G m14 mags you'll easily see what I mean.
        Good (though so obvious I didn't think of it) idea.

That's shown me exactly what I needed to know on that. It also (:D) brought me up a link to G&G mid caps!

Cheers
        sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Caveira Find out more about Caveira
        Working...
        X