Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing Airsoft Gun From Hong Kong

Hello all,
    I will be going to Hong Kong over the summer I was looking at the possibility of getting a airsoft pistol whilst I am over there. The problem is I'm not sure about the legal issues involved with bringing the gun over to the UK. I am a registered member of a local site and is UKARA registered. Is it okay for me to simply bring it as part of my cargo luggage and if they check, give customs my membership details? Or would it be more sensible to send the gun as a parcel back to the UK rather than take it with me on the flight back?

Thanks in advance !

EDIT: Also anyone know if there are any rules about buying RiF s in Hong Kong like in the UK?
    Last edited by Masamune888; 22 May, 2011, 01:58. Reason: Adding comment

Re: Importing Airsoft Gun From Hong Kong

Personally I'd send it as I'd rather not be seen as a terrorist or be suspected of it :D Though I don't -think- there's a problem taking it in luggage.
    Originally posted by Lt. Macka
    big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

Have all your papers with you UKARA etc ,

When they ask you have you done your own luggage state you have a REPLICA TOY gun ( get those words in there )

They will let some one know and they personally take your luggage put it in it's own cage and give it to you on the other end ... Doesn't mix with others luggage either.

Just make sure you know the laws in HK.

Get a barrel tip that's orange ( goes in barrel, so it's obvious it's fake from a distance if it's out ( which it shouldn't be ) needs to be locked up ideally in a hard case , disassembled as much as possible with bbs, mags etc separate.

Check your airline too and ring up if you feel you need anything clarified .

Hope this helps.
      James
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks, that reassures me somewhat
        Any idea about any import duty or such?

Comment

or split the gun in two, post the receiver(lower part) and put the rest in your suitcase
          VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
          trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Masamune888 Find out more about Masamune888
          Working...
          X