Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Gas filling pistol magazine - how long should it take?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas filling pistol magazine - how long should it take?

On average, how long should it take to fill a TM Glock 17 magazine with gas?

I have a can of ASG Ultra Air gas which has a metal nozzle. The fit between the nozzle and the valve seems particularly poor and I end up covering my hand in very cold liquid gas. For the life of me, i cannot get a good seal between the can and the mag. Once I do, it seems like a few seconds before the liquid gas sprays out.

Is this normal or am I being particularly ham fisted with it.

Re: Gas filling pistol magazine - how long should it take?

It is quite common. If you want to get a better seal, take an old refillable lighter and remove the oring from the refill valve, the one around that little pin and pop it into your mag. That will prevent any spillage. Or if you have any, you can cut a slim section from some 16awg silicone wire and use that as an oring as well, works a treat.

Comment

Think this has been covered before, but oh well.

If your not already, hold the magazine upside down so that the nozzle is facing upwards, and the can of gas upside down. Ensure that the bottom of the magazine is flat, because at an angle the can wont sit correctly. Push the nozzle on the can into the nub on the magazine, and push down.
      What your aiming for is about 2-4 second bursts. The gas should go into the magazine without spraying everywhere. Once venting of the gas occurs outside the magazine, (the cold spray) this means the magazine is full. Give the magazine a few minutes to warm up, then use. If you try to use it straight after filling, the magazine will be cold and you wont get as many rounds off. Make sure that once you fill a mag for the first time, leave a little gas inside to prevent the magazine leaking in future.
      Hope that helps!

Comment

I have this problem filling my Glock 26c mags with Coleman's propane... I must be reversing the savings I'm making because its spilling that much propane all over my hands...

Comment

takes about 15 seconds to fill my mk23 mags

Originally posted by Metalbody
          pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

I've found that TM mags generally don't form a good seal with metal nozzles. With Abbey Predator gas (plastic nozzle) and the plastic version of the AI propane adaptor they're fine.

Comment

Cheers Marui Man, i wondered if it was the metal/metal interface that might be causing problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Marui_Man View Post
                I've found that TM mags generally don't form a good seal with metal nozzles. With Abbey Predator gas (plastic nozzle) and the plastic version of the AI propane adaptor they're fine.
                Never had a problem with mine.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                X