Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shell ejecting weapons

Hey all.

I was wondering, with shell ejecting weapons like a few of the gas shotguns and some rifles / SMGs, how do you guys deal with shell ejecting weapons; what do you actually do with the shells?

Do you pick them up as soon as they've been fired, collect them all at the end of the game, or have other methods?
    Just wondering as I'm thinking of getting (Read : Dreaming of and probably won't get round to it, but after exam you never know!) one perhaps.

Thanks,
    W.R.R

Re: Shell ejecting weapons

Never seen one of any description used anywhere at a skirmish.

Too expensive to be disposable and too much hassle to police them up as you go along.
    sigpic

Comment

for shotguns you use a shellcatcher which is velcroed into place on the ejection port
      VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
      trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

they look quite annoying in all honesty. someone had a tanaka m700 on a balcony 2nd floor, fired and when he cocked it the chamber flew off the edge of the building.

Comment

I had 2 M1100 shottys, the semi auto revison and the pump action bign' just used a shell catcher, held 25 rounds which was good enough then I just dump em all in my pouch.

Friend of mine had a Tanka Shotty did the same.

If your considering a sniper rifle one then thats pritty simple just grab the shell as you reload like proper marksmen.

As again if using a rifle (like the new TOP M4) then get an RS Brass catcher which you can pick up pretty cheap and relativley easily (last time I check anyways).

Only thing that would be a pain would be pistols considering they dont have brass catchers, but then they have such low FPS skirmishing would be a bit difficult.

Shell ejecters are really only wall hangers and for plinking skimishing with them is difficult.

However that said the shotguns are not too bad but need personal technical work to get them working reliably and powerfully.

My M1100 Rev' would fire 2/3 rounds out of 4 then jam have to de chamber and start again wasnt really worth it. Though it would cycle well using 134a in the cold but it gave like 150fps

If you look on the other major UK forum that just happens to begin with AA there is a chap who has custom CNC'd and built an M1014 which ejects perfectly with decent power and is offereing parts for sale I think.

Hope that helps chappy!

Comment

Thanks guys!

How is shell catchers work, are they like a bag on the side of the gun or something?
            Would it work on a lever action, if anyone has had experience with a lever action airsoft?

Comment

yep exactley that...... a stiffened box shaped bag...

and stargate, good shout,ive just been on AA looking at that thread
              VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
              trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Yep, litteraly a bag

EDIT: Ninja'd!

Comment

I've skirmished with a Marushin Kar98k MAXI- 8mm shell ejecting rifle. Was doing about 310-320 with .27g bbs (so I didn't have to have an engagement distance as it was the same power as everyone's AEG's).
                  Was fun. Made me think about my shots more. Bit of a pain on the attack. I'd fire off a few shots, pick up the brass and move on. I had a German WW2 breadbag as a dump pouch.

If you're a beginner (which I suspect you are, yes?) then I'd get a conventional weapon until you REALLY want one.

Comment

Love them and Hate them. They have a nice novelty factor but can be a pain in skirmishing. A bit like Marmite (which I love).
                    SHADOW COMPANY - (IC)/SNIPER

Comment

I'd suggest to stay away from them, 1stv it's pain to search for the shells and the brass catcher ruins completely the look of the gun and 2nd these guns are extremely inaccurate!
                      If you want them to put them in your collection go for it but these are not skirmish worthy.

Wolf

Asahi WA2000
                      WTB Piper Minigun

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

W.R.R Find out more about W.R.R
                      Working...
                      X