RIS extension and torch mounting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIS extension and torch mounting

hey guys, recently bought a 1911 under tigger mount. (the "L" shaped 1 that clamps to the trigger guard) unfortunatly it only leaves me about 5cm worth of space (RIS rail is 5cm long). are there an cheap but effective torches that utilize a pressure switch but would fit into the 5cm gap (currently running an ugly button torch with a typical weaver mount)

my idea was using some sort of ris extension to allow me more room. Howver, the only things i can find are the G&P ones that have a 45* ris mounted to it.

found a few torches on the bay, but all have QD rails that are around 80mm in length, thus making it to long for mt rail.
    my ideal torch would be something with a built in laser, or allows the installation of a laser

sorry about the confusing post, and thanks in advance
    They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far
    -Tony Stark
    sigpic

Re: RIS extension and torch mounting

Cant help on the torch front but if you're after a laser you can buy laser grips for 1911s. Easy to control and you dont have to worry about finding a torch with a laser integrated into it. Just a thought.
    C.
    "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I am the meanest mother fucker in the God damn valley"

sigpic

Opposable Fingers...All that stands between Us and destruction...

Comment

Why not look at an offset torch mount?
      As in, like this __O
      "Happy those who seize your children and smash them against a rock." Psalms 137:9

Comment

i have done, although it just adds more issues with my holster and such, i think opting for a m3/m6 style torch would be best as long as it fits
        They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far
        -Tony Stark
        sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

DMC airsoft Find out more about DMC airsoft
        Working...
        X