What should I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should I do?

I bought a kalash ak74u off these forums and it came in the post. However it does not fire correctly. When I fire it, one or two bbs fly like they should but the rest, the gun gives a deeper thud and the fly a lot less distance and slightly to the right. There are some though which fire straight and in the right direction.

I am wondering what I should do, I mesaged the original owner and he claims it worked perfectly when it was sent to me. Should I try and send it back to him and get a refund or pay someone to get it fixed? I am not sure what to do, can someone please advise. Thanks,

Ben.

Re: What should I do?

Pay by Paypal?

Start a dispute now. Are you stating that it isn't as described? If so, then you have a case. If the gun was described as used, you may have some difficulties proving that it didn't do the things you write above.

Good luck.
    There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Firstly, did he send a battery or mag with the gun? If not, make sure the ones you're using are working correctly and not causing the problem. If the faults with the gun, and he stated that it worked perfectly (or failed to mention that it didn't), then you've got a case. When I have a problem like this I try to sort it out with the buyer before going to paypal - I'll make a vid, showing the problem with the gun, and usually (since they secretly already knew the gun had this problem), they agree to refund you some of the money to cover repair fees. If not send it back for a full refund - if they have problems with that then get paypal involved.

Comment

It was describes as 'Condition:Good condition, with a few marks from use at skirmishes'

Comment

I am using the mag ad bettery he sent with it.

Comment

Edit: I have sent a message to the seller saying that it is not working and I can make a video of it firing so inconsistently if they wish. However because of this, I would like to be reimbursed the cost of getting it fixed as I do not have the know how myself or I can send it back for a full refund.

Comment

Okay, after trying messaging, the guy just started not responding to me. All I am looking for is the cost to get the gun fixed, I am not being unreasonable am I? I think I will have to send a PayPal dispute in if he will still not talk to me even though he has been online.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Comment

May be a silly question, but have you tried adjusting the hop?
                It's possible that it might have moved during transit and is fully on, causing some of your problems.

That said, the non-responding does seem suspicious.

Comment

Once you have checked and double checked all variables - as advised above, then I would raise a paypal dispute and return the goods.

I've seen the advert, it wasn't sold as a misfiring gun, and anything that may have happened to damage it in transit isn't your problem.
                  Originally posted by palmer234
                  Swerve talks sense. I like him.
                  Originally posted by Robin-Hood
                  Swerve does in fact talk sense, I also like him.

Comment

If you can, try to get him to cover the cost of a repair. In the end it would be the same ouctome anyway.

You ship it back, he refunds you, is left with a gun of less value due to damage.
                    You keep it, he refunds you the cost of repair.

Exactly the same outcome moneywise, but instead theres no hard feelings, you have a gun, he has his money, and no time or cost is wasted on sending heavy items back and forth!

Once sold a rifle, had it returned back to me at £20 postage and to be sent out again, rather than just sending the part to repair it, which cost £10

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Callirye Find out more about Callirye
                    Working...
                    X