Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: taar 21 or masada mayhem

The Ares Tar... Isn't very reliable.

My friend has one and it's broken about 4 or 5 times, I'm sure.

Comment

but the only thing i would say to that is i take ym guns apart at least once a week to clean re grease check the condition of my guns so it shouldnt break down hopefully, only once has a gun broken down on me were the piston shreaded was fixed in 20 mins and back out so shouldnt be to bad if its a unreliable gun as i would redo the gearbox and keep it clean etc

john
      free kit kat with everything you buy/ tarde with me

Comment

The problem my friend has had with the Tar, is the microswitch is unreliable to the extreme, and the battery connector literally fusing itself together, which has happened more that once

The latest problem has something to do with the trigger rods as well, but I don't know the details on that. I haven't actually heard anything bad about the gearbox, just everything outside of it

Edit: Though I suppose keeping an eye on the internal condition of the gun may prolong it's life, if you spot problems as and when they develop.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerbo Knight View Post
          The Ares Tar... Isn't very reliable.

My friend has one and it's broken about 4 or 5 times, I'm sure.
          That could be said about any AEG. Your friend could simply have been unfortunate with his....or it could be a case of a bad workman blaming his tools.

I have a TAR-21, two team-mates have them also, and none of us have had any problems beyong the normal maintenance. I change the hop rubber on mine...and thats it! Still performs brilliantly!
          Q - Spartans Airsoft Team

nos periclitor proprius

Originally posted by Black Templar
          There is no other store, only ZU'UUL.
          sigpic

Comment

my mate had a fn2000 that i miantained for him the rods happen every now and then and a easy fix, the mocroswitch would be replaced and i would rewire it to deans so the wiring would be changed so that should hopefully fix all of those problems

john

Comment

Originally posted by Q View Post
              That could be said about any AEG. Your friend could simply have been unfortunate with his....or it could be a case of a bad workman blaming his tools.

I have a TAR-21, two team-mates have them also, and none of us have had any problems beyong the normal maintenance. I change the hop rubber on mine...and thats it! Still performs brilliantly!
              Fair enough, he could have gotten a lemon but after 4-5 times sending it to his techie to be fixed you'd have thought it would have been sorted.
              Still, he's selling the thing now and wants to be done with it. :p

Originally posted by john_mcginge View Post
              my mate had a fn2000 that i miantained for him the rods happen every now and then and a easy fix, the mocroswitch would be replaced and i would rewire it to deans so the wiring would be changed so that should hopefully fix all of those problems

john
              That's fair enough, I suppose it's up to you at the end of the day :D

Comment

Sounds like he was unfortunate enough to get a lemon!
                Q - Spartans Airsoft Team

nos periclitor proprius

Originally posted by Black Templar
                There is no other store, only ZU'UUL.
                sigpic

Comment

I've got the tavor, and it's lovely, but it's only gonna be good if it's what you want, you really need to try it out first, as you either love or hate the bullup design...

Everyone say's the tavor is hard to work on, it's really not much different to your standard m4 gearbox, the spring is swappable in under 5minutes which is a huge bonus too, only problem i've had with mine was the hop wheel doesn't stop spinning, just needed a touch of glue and it's all good.

I would seriousley reccommend the tavor for CQB, especially the short barreled version, it's pretty light, much easier to turn corners fast, and generally an all round great gun.

Hope this helps mate, PM me if you need more info on a tavor, OH and stay away from the MARS sight.

Comment

i do all the work on my guns myself unless i dont understand them i talk to people in my team or at my site or a good friend who is playing around with my m249 now, i wont touch the mars site heard nothing good about them, so im getting the railed version in black hopefully,

trying to find them on forums at a nice price or people after swaps but until then can just save up

so if any of you have a black tar 21 railed let me know

more after swaps as low on cash for a week or two

john

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

john_mcginge im ginger and i shoot people that take the piss :) Find out more about john_mcginge
                    Working...
                    X