Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LCT (v.2009) vs VFC AKM

Which would you go for and why?

Comments on materials, construction, finish and accuracy (appearance) between the two would be welcome.

Re: LCT (v.2009) vs VFC AKM

One of my team mates has had both and prefered the VFC.

Don't know the full story but I assume it's because of our rep with upgraded gear boxes. LCT use CYMA don't they? Which is fine if you leave your guns standard.
    Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

LCT are actually Cyma guns? This has wobbled my dream of buying a LCT now!

Comment

Cheers.

I'd like to know the differences between the two.

Blueing vs Black paint?

Sling mount positions?

Comment

Ben...NOOOOOOO....They are Inokatsu same company...They just use cyma gear boxes.
          Gun tech.

Comment

Ah okay. Sorry I didnt think the exterior finish was the same haha. But its the same gearboxes inside?

Comment

Actually, some of the LCTs have VFC internals.

I prefer the LCT, very nearly bought one on Saturday, but ended up getting an Inokatsu.

I'd say buy the LCT. With a bit of weathering they're stunning.
              AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

EDIT as it isnt very clear what I meant...

LCT and Inokatsu are the same company.
                Gun tech.

Comment

sorry, to actualy contribute to the thread, I say LCT as well. Some way way way more interesting and nice looking varients in there as well

Comment

both use blueing.

Here's a VFC AIMS with real wood fitted

next up is 3 different AK47's

next up is 3 AKMS's G&G at the top. Kalash in the middle and LCT at the bottom

the VFC AK74 series are finished in a gloss black colour like the RS varients

LCT at the top VFC at the bottom.

to decide on which one to go for you need to consider what you want to do with it. if you want to weather it to look older then the LCT kits are easier to weather.
                    Out of ther box I would get the VFC but would install a madbull python tightbore.
                    As for LCT I would get the kit and install the same tightbore, a TM gearbox (upgraded) and an Element or TM hop.
                    On both I would install real wood (I made a guide on one of the forums somewhere)

Magazines for either would be Lomex as I have just got 6 and they are shit hot.

if your after a fixed stock AK (AKM) then VFC or LCT are your best bet.
                    If your after a fixed stock AK47 (Type 3) then consider the CYMA .046
                    If your after a folding stock AK (AKM) then LCT/VFC/KALASH/G&G are all good
                    If your after an AIMS then get the VFC as it has the correct markings

if you want to know more PM me as i probably know the answer to most AK AEG questions.
                    Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenriz View Post
                      Actually, some of the LCTs have VFC internals.

I prefer the LCT, very nearly bought one on Saturday, but ended up getting an Inokatsu.

I'd say buy the LCT. With a bit of weathering they're stunning.
                      I know they used to use cyma. Then I lost interest as they are so expensive to buy...lol. They do look lovelly though.

JEBUS...Stop it...right now...lol.
                      Gun tech.

Comment

Originally posted by midas View Post
                        EDIT as it isnt very clear what I meant...

LCT and Inokatsu are the same company.
                        Sort of. The older Inokatsu's are better, but a lot more expensive. Mainly internal differences. Plus you get the awesome green crate with an Inokatsu. :D They're just no longer in production. Passed everything on to LCT. Much as LCT are nice, there is a noticeable difference.
                        AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

Originally posted by mightyjebus View Post
                          both use blueing.
                          Cheers.

if you want to weather it to look older then the LCT kits are easier to weather.
                          Thanks.

Out of ther box I would get the VFC but would install a madbull python tightbore.
                          That was a concern as VFC internals are usually made of PlayDoh. :D

As for LCT I would get the kit and install the same tightbore, a TM gearbox (upgraded) and an Element or TM hop.
                          Hmm, not so good. Not really looking to do a major upgrade.

On both I would install real wood (I made a guide on one of the forums somewhere)
                          So are you saying both VFC and LCT wood is too... 'pretty'? I kinda get that impression too but they're so damn nice to look at! :D

Magazines for either would be Lomex as I have just got 6 and they are shit hot.
                          Can you comment on Real Sword mag compatibility for either? I have a fair few and want to avoid having to shell out on another half dozen or so...

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                            Cheers.

Thanks.

That was a concern as VFC internals are usually made of PlayDoh. :D

Hmm, not so good. Not really looking to do a major upgrade.

So are you saying both VFC and LCT wood is too... 'pretty'? I kinda get that impression too but they're so damn nice to look at! :D

Can you comment on Real Sword mag compatibility for either? I have a fair few and want to avoid having to shell out on another half dozen or so...

Cheers.
                            The wood on pretty much all airsoft AK's is pants to be honest. you can strip and restain or scratch and colour with marker pens etc but to get the best look to the AK then RS furniture is the way forward. it's pretty cheap as the E auction site has sets for sale for not a lot of money. fitting to a VFC or LCT is straight forward and usually just involves a bit of sanding and trimming.

As for Real Sword mags I can't add anything as I've never owned a real Sword Mag or AEG. At a guess they should be fine as both are higher end products which in my experience usually work together.
                            Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Comment

Cheers, so I take from this thread that VFC vs LCT is 'much of a muchness' between them, all told?...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Panoptes Gunnoisseur [n] pron: ['gun-uh-sur', -soor'] [Purveyor of fine taste in firearms]. Find out more about Panoptes
                              Working...
                              X