Questions: Guns, UKARA and general stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions: Guns, UKARA and general stuff

Hi, im Kieran and im 17 years old. i've been thinking about airsoft for a year now but a friend of mine has plans to go and i found it as an opportunity to play now i have funding and such.

1. is a two tone job just for just under 18 without a UKARA license or if you just dont have a UKARA? (im going to be 18 when i play my first match and i do intend to get a UKARA)

2. im thinking of getting a hand gun as my first gun, my choices are (im on a tight budget but an suggestions are welcome):

WE High Capa 5.1 Full Metal Version
    or
    Tokyo Marui Socom Mk.23 Full Set

3. is their any basic info i need to know of equipment wise for my first time (do's and do not's) and generally?

[EDIT]4. I know someone with a UKARA, is it ok to buy a gun using his license?

I have gone paintballing a couple of times but im looking for a game with more honor and strategic value, don't worry im not one of these call of duty kids, i have a lot of respect for the game and sport.

Thanks.

KC
    Last edited by Kieran_Clinch; 2 August, 2009, 21:03. Reason: New question
    .::ICS M4 CQB Carbine::.

Re: Questions: Guns, UKARA and general stuff

1. under 18's arnt allowed to buy IFs of anysort leggally.
    it's usually parents buy as gifts for children.
    2.i'd get the TM mk23, super reliableand has got good range.
    3.i'd say get some DPMs good walking boots or ammo boots and get a good assualt vest which has loads of mag puches and pouches for your gas and BB's
    4. nope, thats illegal unless ( I THINK ) he buys it as a gift for you

i could be wrong on the last one, if anyone else could help that'd be grand.

Comment

Personally I would get an aeg as my first weapon, then move on to secondary weapons after that stage

J

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper12 View Post
        Personally I would get an aeg as my first weapon, then move on to secondary weapons after that stage

J
        You obviously haven't used an Mk.23!

Comment

I'd recommend getting an AEG as your first gun.

Pistols are not nessasery at all, no matter what people say :D

Comment

take that back! :P ive found myself draw my sidearm more times than i would like to! maybe there not nessacary for you as you are carring a gspec and a mp5!

for those who like to travel light a reliable sidearm is key!

Comment

If your wanting a pistol and not getting AEGS etc then go for the TM MK23 SOCOM wont let you down, brilliant piece of kit

Comment

Originally posted by Black Bull View Post
                take that back! :P ive found myself draw my sidearm more times than i would like to! maybe there not nessacary for you as you are carring a gspec and a mp5!

for those who like to travel light a reliable sidearm is key!

You don't need a pistol...

Be realisitc mate.

Comment

A TM Socom is the same length as an MP5, and can be used as such! :P

Comment

Mp5K, perhaps.

But not sliding stock version.

Comment

It's not illegal if someone gives you a gun. I'm getting tired of people taking UKARA as the law.

The VCRA is the law, UKARA is just there to aid it.
                      UKARA is just for buying guns new.

Comment

all depends on your play style i suppose

and yes i am bieng realistic i have found that almost every skirmish i have drawn my pistol just a few reasons

ran out of ammo did not have time to reload mags drawn pistol and i still able to defend area until enemy levels decreased then i could take time to reload my primary

another personal example m4 packed in and instead of hiking back to the safe zone i draw my pistol and carry on the fight

so i can justify carrying a pistol but i do see your point with many people having a pistol and never once using it

and my recommendation for a pistol would be the HFC Glock 17 im hitting targets comfortably at 45m
                        and its really easy on gas im getting 5 mags+ to each fill up

Comment

lets not get off the topic here guys..

personally i would prefer a pistol, but thats because i prefer CQB rather than woodland. if your going to be playing massive games in woods, then get an AEG.
                          saying that the socom has HUGE range for a pistol.

go get yourself some combats and a top mate, spare mag and some boots..

then the rest be patient for

all the best and good luck with it all
                          sigpic
                          9mm Glock 19, Spikes Armory AR15, Mossberg 12 Gauge 18in The joys of living in the USA

Comment

Originally posted by owainthegreat View Post
                            Mp5K, perhaps.

But not sliding stock version.
                            I have an MP5A5, and the Socom really IS the same length as it with the stock retracted! Crazy i know!

Anyways, back on topic, it really does depend on where you're playing (Woodland or CQB) and on your play style! The Socom is a very versatile pistol though, it can duke it out with AEG's!

Comment

It's not the same size...

And it's only close when it has a huge silencer attatched....

The socom is over rated. Just 'cause it looks da best, doesn't mean it "can out range everything"..

Anyway, kieran to clear things up for you, I recomend going a fair few times before considering buying.

And seeing how you're 17 already, you mayaswell wait a year and get registered.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Kieran_Clinch Find out more about Kieran_Clinch
                              Working...
                              X