Ares M249 Box Mag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ares M249 Box Mag

The box mag for Star Ares M249 minime, in the DPM pouch, 1550 rnd capacity, to be accurate.

It has two power sources, the main one for the big battery (powers the gun) and the 9v Connector for the electric bb feed.

Once the feed is connected, the top plate (that mounts to the underside of the gun) acts as the priming switch, feeding automatically. This level must again be depressed in order to remove the mag, but also starts feeding bb's through the top straight away.

Is it worth sorting out a small I/O switch on the mag, so I can switch off the feed before I remove the mag? The idea is that it will stop me dumping many bb's on the floor every time I take it off...
    'Smurf's Tours of Duty

ATR Winchester, 2 Regt AAC, 654 Sqn 4 Regt AAC, Cmd Tp, 4 Regt AAC, 216 Parachute Signals Sqn, HQ 16 Air Assualt Brigade, 668 (trg) Sqn AAC, 5 Regt (NI) AAC, JHF(NI) Operations, FSW Ops Sqn

Currently 1 (UK) Civ Div

Re: Ares M249 Box Mag

Just turn off the switch on the box with the AA's in it. This stops the motor winding when the top lever is depressed when inserting the mag into the gun.
    Raven's Claw: bug*er this just charge

Comment

It doesn't have one, the lever is the only physical control...

Well, not any more. Just fitted an inline IO switch so I can kill the power without removing the batteries. Seems to have worked.
      'Smurf's Tours of Duty

ATR Winchester, 2 Regt AAC, 654 Sqn 4 Regt AAC, Cmd Tp, 4 Regt AAC, 216 Parachute Signals Sqn, HQ 16 Air Assualt Brigade, 668 (trg) Sqn AAC, 5 Regt (NI) AAC, JHF(NI) Operations, FSW Ops Sqn

Currently 1 (UK) Civ Div

Comment

it should have a second switch on the lever that you lift up/ lifts itself up when you put it on the gun so that it only switches on when its in the gun
        PM me if you're looking for S-ARMS M4 mags

Comment

Don't know if this'd help, but I messed around with a pressure switch on the pistol grip with some pretty positive results...
          Originally posted by andre the giant
          ...most of us like a balance of shooting and drinking tea.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

FormerSmurf Natural ability to lower the tone. Find out more about FormerSmurf
          Working...
          X