Should I buy this as my First AEG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I buy this as my First AEG?

Hey guys, I'm finally looking to getting my first AEG and I like the look of a Cyma MP5 SD6 Sliding Stock Blow Back Full Metal @ around£170 1. Is it any good? Has anyone used one or seen one? 2. Is it a reasonable price? Cheers

Re: Should I buy this as my First AEG?

You could do worse!

Not a particular electric blow back fan myself, but the thing to watch is the FPS on many clones (Cyma included!) can be too high for most sites.

Comment

Oh really? I had no idea, to be honest I don't know a great deal about all the different makes at the moment. I do want an MP5 variant but wouldn't no if CYMA would be good/bad or if another company would be better? As for the FPS can that be lowered? As I'll mainly be playing in CQB...

Comment

If you know what you doing, pretty easily by replacing the spring. If you buying from a shop, usually it is just a request that they do that, and they'll charge you for the work. Should be no more than £20-£30.... some even will for free.

As the "the best", really will depend on your budget for the weapon. Bearing in mind you going to presumably want some spare mags, battery, sling etc

Comment

FPS could be lowered by putting a lower rated spring in but that would mean opening the gearbox which isn't something I'd recommend doing straight away with your first AEG. You could always get a store or tech to do it though.

You could take a look at JG MP5s, not metal but they do the job.

Comment

Go for a TM if you can mate. They are generally much more reliable and, as standard, their FPS is lower and hence within site limits. The other thing thought with TM is that I don't think it'll be full metal and I'm not sure if they do a blow back version or not.

They are more expensive though, although you could find a second hand one with extras for similar to your price above I'd of thought.

Luke
            When I:

Buy: I live in Guernsey, but postage is the same as to the UK - see Royal Mail website

Sell: I will only hold a sale item for a MAXIMUM of 1 week PROVIDED THAT a 20% deposit (of full asking price) is paid within 24 hours of the request.

Comment

You should buy a second hand ICS MP5 SD6, such as the one in the Appraisal section....
              'Smurf's Tours of Duty

ATR Winchester, 2 Regt AAC, 654 Sqn 4 Regt AAC, Cmd Tp, 4 Regt AAC, 216 Parachute Signals Sqn, HQ 16 Air Assualt Brigade, 668 (trg) Sqn AAC, 5 Regt (NI) AAC, JHF(NI) Operations, FSW Ops Sqn

Currently 1 (UK) Civ Div

Comment

Ok that doesn't sound that bad. At the moment my Budget has dropped from £400 down to about £200-£250, I have boots , eye protection, a vest, (My old man gave me his brand new RM Desert Camo) So mainly just the Gun now, I may look around for a package deal, theres one on Zero one I'm interested in MP5 wise...

Comment

Take a look at the Classic Army B&T models.

They are metal in the right places, and have a much improved hop design over the "others" like ICS, TM, JG, CYMA etc etc

Comment

I second the Classic Army B&T range
                    sigpic If you sell, buy or trade with me please remeber to leave feedback!

Comment

For £200 you can get an ICS, for £250 a CA B&T
                      Either of those will last you a long long time

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

WeeManDan Find out more about WeeManDan
                      Working...
                      X