Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gun advice for a Newb

Hey there,

I had my first ever Airsofting experience this weekend (MAW in Melton Mowbray, Leics)

I went with a friend who has an SA80 and a G36, I had a go with both of them. The Sa80 had a far better FPS (about 330) and the g36 was a bit lower (280).

I thought the SA80 was just a tad too heavy, and i prefered having the trigger behind the mag on the g36.

Is the g36 a decent beginner gun? I quite fancied looking for somethign slightly smaller and more manouverable. Thanks in advance!

Re: Gun advice for a Newb

The model is a shell around some internals, so any model is good as the next really. The brand who makes it is the important part.

Anyway, have a look around here - this question is asked every single day without fail

Comment

the JG g36c was my first gun was brilliant no problems with it at all and was great for me i didnt find it to long and i play cqb mainly if you wanted somthing smaller a mp5 could be for you (well for a main rifle) or a mp5k etc
      i would of thought a p90 but if you prefer the mag in front of the trigger well, not for you

i also owned a sa80 and found that brilliant as well and not to heavy in my opinion,

what was to big about the g36 the barrel of stock etc

john
      free kit kat with everything you buy/ tarde with me

Comment

as a first budget gun go for g&g raider

Comment

My first rental experience was a G36, seemed sluggish, but it was down to a budget battery and years of abuse. My mate bought one second hand at a good price with decent batteries and better history, its like a bloody cannon!

I might get flamed for saying this.... but a lot of people are saying that the "sportline" range are brilliant first guns, really cheap but with great internals, and very reliable.
          'Smurf's Tours of Duty

ATR Winchester, 2 Regt AAC, 654 Sqn 4 Regt AAC, Cmd Tp, 4 Regt AAC, 216 Parachute Signals Sqn, HQ 16 Air Assualt Brigade, 668 (trg) Sqn AAC, 5 Regt (NI) AAC, JHF(NI) Operations, FSW Ops Sqn

Currently 1 (UK) Civ Div

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys. The G36 I used was a classic army I think. I've been told that ICS are really good. My mate owns the Sa80, G36 and a M4 thats currently being fixed.

We've talked about me buying the g36 or the m4 off him. The m4 is an ICS one.

Comment

I've owned a few G36s and personally I think they're awesome!

I've got a TM and a JG and both are great. TM is more reliable in theory, but I haven't noticed a difference yet.

I think its a good starter!
              Luke
              When I:

Buy: I live in Guernsey, but postage is the same as to the UK - see Royal Mail website

Sell: I will only hold a sale item for a MAXIMUM of 1 week PROVIDED THAT a 20% deposit (of full asking price) is paid within 24 hours of the request.

Comment

if its the proline ics m4 with dplit gearboc get it hands down fantastic gun but dont pay more than 230 if its in pristine condition
                free kit kat with everything you buy/ tarde with me

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Chrisseh Newbie Softer Find out more about Chrisseh
                Working...
                X