best company for 1911

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best company for 1911

im looking to get the M1911 (WWII type) an ive seen many different types, whats the best company (make) to get one, the TM from zeroone looks nice.

Re: best company for 1911

TM then WA, avoid anything else.

Tm are cheaper and by far the most reliable, hard wearing and cheaper to upgrade.

WA have a nicer finish and more models available but are expensive and less reliable especially on green gas.
    > Gallery http://drake-uk.deviantart.com <

Comment

I've had a WE and own a TM

TM for reliability, efficiancy and build quality. Upgrade parts are easy enough to source aswell

WE for cheapness and full metal construction - Good heft to it, feels great in the hand, but no trades gas efficiancy is poor, plus not 100% TM compatible from what I've read on this forum/experienced.

I was always told buy cheap, buy twice......TM pistols always seem to kick ass.

But as ever, it's all down to personal choice
      sigpic

AK47 Custom Operator Weapon / Sig Sauer P228 9mm

Comment

I wouldnt touch another full metal WE 1911 with a bargepole, I had a Socom Gear (rebranded WE) 1911 and it was utter crap. Dont get me wrong, it looked pretty and felt nice, but performance was dire at best.

TM 1911A1 all the way, highly regarded as one of thier best guns, and comes in a beautiful box
        And no, WE is not compatible with TM at all.

Comment

thanks guys, im just looking for one that'll last and wont brake quick.

Comment

Isn't one of the KWA 1911 PTPs the older style WWII one?

*after research* its the KWA M1911A1 NS2, which i think have similar systems, but are not PTPs.

KWAs site: http://www.kwausa.com/products_m1911a1.html

Comment

TM by far

Cracking pistol, best colour & trades. It is plastic but it will be good in all weather

I had a WE and it struggled to do a whole mag in typical british weather, Hop was trash and paint flaked off it!

**EDIT**

TM will be the most reliable, all guns can be broken if treated wrong but look after it and dont drop it and your all good. Same applys to ANY pistol

Comment

Inokatsu.

I currently own a bog-standard, all plastic TM Colt 1911, and its one of my best pistols.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

To add to the point of reliability my TM went nearly a year without any cleaning, lubing or valve maintenance at all until I changed the outer barrel.

Cant fault it at all.

Edit: the Inokatsu isn't even out yet so I wouldn't even count it since realistically nobody knows if it is any good or not...
                  > Gallery http://drake-uk.deviantart.com <

Comment

Gaffa, Just looked them up..... I can already tell my wallet is feeling lighter.

Are these out yet and do you know the price as all i can find is news threads on it

thanks

Comment

As Ethics said, Isnt the KWA 1911 Mark iv supposed to be pretty good?

Comment

TM. No alternative for GBBs (according to me.....)

Comment

From experience TM, bought 1 sold it, bought another, sold it realised that really nothing else was as good so bought a MEU, same internals different shell. Used all of my TM's far far more than the 5 WA1911's I've got lying around. Really a TM1911 is where it's at, throw in a 6.01 and one of the purple 9ball hop rubbers and the thing will be accurate to the same range as most aeg's, given the rudimentry nature of the sights on the 1911A1 it'll be more accurate than the sights that are fitted.
                          Originally posted by tackle
                          For the haters who feel that bamf, & others, are picking on you, GROW THE FUCK UP, their actually trying to stop you destroying our sport or having even more draconian measures foisted upon us.

Comment

TM's just work...they are the workhorse for the skirmisher who needs something that will shoot straight n not fly off to the moon or swerve left n right like the guy your shooting at is splitting the sea,

WA etc are all nice but wall hangers and collectors items, inokatsu, well thats going to be beastly expensive but beastly beautiful too.

people moan about TM fanboys, but why are they fanboys? because they just freaking work!

Comment

TM...
                              have one gonna buy another
                              My youtube channel

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

StriideR For Honor. For Country. For Brother. And when he gets to heaven, To saint peter he will tell, One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in Hell. Bullets or broke bones? Bones heal. Give me liberty, or give me death. Warriors by day, Lovers by night, Professionals by choice, Marines by the grace of god. Find out more about StriideR
                              Working...
                              X