XM177 hand guard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XM177 hand guard?

Want to make my M4 into a XM177. I know i need to replace the stock and flash hider. But what about the hand guard as pics of XM177 make it look a bit smaller than the standard M4a1 hand guard.

Am i right or is my eye sight more messed up?
    And if its a smaller hand guard could I still fit a standard 8.4 battery in it?

Thanks
    RXAM
    Originally posted by Jez@Devoted
    Dude, more to life than ranking up in a forum!
    sigpic

Re: XM177 hand guard?

it is alot narrower and can only fit a mini or lipo nunchuck style battery
    m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

So it only fits lipo battery's?
      Originally posted by Jez@Devoted
      Dude, more to life than ranking up in a forum!
      sigpic

Comment

No it fits mini batteries, Ive got an M733 im currently converting into an XM myself. Yes the hanguard is slimmer and longer than todays M4 hanguards. You are aware that to turn an M4 into an XM177, you need to switch the Flashider, stock, handguard, Upper and Lower recievers, and pistol grip?
        IMO it'd be a hell of alot easier to buy an M733 like I did and add the flashider to it, then at a later stage switch the Upper and Lower for A1 varients instead of their A2 counterparts on the M733.
        Hope that helps mate
        Jack
        sigpic
        G&P M16A1, CA XM177, CYMA AKM AIMS, KJW CO2 1911, WELL MP5K GBB, M4 with M203

Comment

Feenix do you have the G&P m733 by any chance as im trying to find out about it as much as possible in terms of battery size to use and compatible magazines
          Cheers

Comment

No I'm afraid I dont its TM, sorry bud, its just a case of trial and error with mags, Ive found that all my mags fit in my M733, but only the Dboys and JG Highcaps fit in my M4 lol
            Batteries wise, the one I use is tiny, I have no idea od the voltage as its blue with m733 commando written on it nothing else :/ But a lipo should fit just fine too, and will work a load better than the bigger bulkier batteries.
            Sorry that thats so vague :/
            Feenix
            sigpic
            G&P M16A1, CA XM177, CYMA AKM AIMS, KJW CO2 1911, WELL MP5K GBB, M4 with M203

Comment

Ive got a G&P M733... I run Nunchuck Lipos in it perfectly and also use the small stick type lipos that fit in stock tubes. All work fine!

As for magazine compatibility ive found that most work fine. So far the only problems I've had are with green label P-Mags... they seem to be quite loose and need holding into the magwell to feed properly!

That said most mags are loose in the magwell... ive put some of the soft side velcro in the mag well to give it some flexible padding... works a treat!

Let me know if you need any more information and I'll do my best to help!

Comment

Thanks for the info lads. Ive not made the move to lipo yet but do already have a couple of mini 9.6v batteries. Would these work or would it be wise to go for an even smaller say a 9.6v nunchuck battery?
                Thanks

Comment

Doubtful they will fit in the handguard mate, they are quite small! I would make the switch to lipo if I were you... its not as hard as you think and they are MUCH MUCH easier to fit inside and they are actually cheaper than your good quality nimh batteries anyway...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

RXAM Bit of a military nut. I prefer mil-sim airsoft. Really into Namsoft and i have too much kit.... not guns just tactical cloths Find out more about RXAM
                  Working...
                  X