TM VSR-10 Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM VSR-10 Project

Soon i should be receiving A VSR and i want to 'kit it out' with all the good upgrades and accessories. From other posts and general discussion i can see that Laylax and PDI seam to be the choice for internals brands but as a noob to internal modification what parts and accessories should i purchase to make it a good long range, woodland Sniper Rifle?
    (apologies if this is the wrong Section)

OZONE
    Black Arrows.
    The last thing you'll never see
    Wanted: ICS QD silencer for M4, Magpul MOE pistol grip and trigger guard, and MORE. Please PM!

Re: TM VSR-10 Project

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5069

Have a look at this, Tells you everything you need to know
    TM SCAR-H Recoil // TM MK18 Recoil // VFC HK417 // KWA Kriss Vector // ASG AW.338 //
    TM Glock 18c // TM Five-SeveN // VFC FNX.45 Tactical // KWA USP.45 Tactical //

Comment

its not cheap and personally i would do it once as ive heard taking them apart all the time isnt good.

Comment

Cheers
        Black Arrows.
        Wanted: ICS QD silencer for M4, Magpul MOE pistol grip and trigger guard, and MORE. Please PM!

Comment

I've seen a lot of the external quite cheep, but i have noticed the prices of the internals
          Black Arrows.

Comment

Whats the best Bi-pod to put on the VSR and does it require any mods or rails to attach?
            Black Arrows.

Comment

harris bipods connect to the small stud, can get replica harris bipods everywhere.

Comment

I got a cheap harris style bipod from the bay of e and it's crap. If you're going to get one buy a decent make one :D
                TM SOPMOD [Fully Upgraded] | TM VSR [M40A3]

Comment

Harris bipod ftw.

Onto the gun, tbh you dont need to spend your life-savings on the gun to get it shooting nicely, i had a vsr that was fully PDI'd with everything you could get, internally and externally, and i'll admit it wasn't AS good as i thought...

First your gonna need to get it up to 500 fps, get a set of polor star sears if you can, if not PDI/laylax will do, should be about £50, the v-trigger and z-trigger are overkill, you then wanna get the laylax 500fps spring (can't remember name sorry) and the laylax spring guide, a cylinder head may be a good idea too, again polor star if you can, if not others will do. Leave the piston and cylinder till you need to change them.

That's basically the mechanical side of the gun sorted, and that should cost you around £120, pick stuff up on here to get the price down...

Then the hop is the most important part, get yourself a nice tightbore, which one you get is your choice, many say the laylax .03 gives good results, along with the pdi .04, i personally had the pdi .01, and again wasn't impressed, so just look around on reviews for that one, i'd go for the laylax one just as it's easiest to get... Then your gonna want a hop rubber, if you can get/find the firefly one, take it, straight away, theyre hard to get hold of, and the best your gonna get, however an alternative is the laylax nineball purple rubber which i had, good enough. Finally, if the gun doesn't already, and if you have a spare £40 left over, get the new style upgraded TM hop up, wil give you that bit better consistency, (the new one is black, old style is silver).

Check out noobies store regulary if you can, basically he makes custom parts for the vsr, better than any of the pdi, laylax stuff etc.

Oh, and don't forget if the rifle aint' been touched before, you'll need to drill out the cylinder head.

So basically, i'd say that's around £250 tops.

Hope i've been help to you mate, PM me for more advice.

Comment

Great help Cheers tbh im a bit of a noob when it comes to this kinda stuff lol, Anyway big help
                    Black Arrows.

Comment

If you get a stock TM VSR and buy upgrades your self, your more than likely going to end up spending too much and get bored with it, try to sell and loose out on a couple of hundred £££....

As a first time sniper i would advise you sell it and buy one pre upgraded to save yourself some time, money and hastle... But if your willing to splash the cash and have fun fidling then go for it but go for laylax, cheaper and to me is better performance.

Comment

just gunna say it's going to be very expensive for not much return! best thing to do would be get a second hand unused project gun off the forum and you will save SO much money!
                        if not then,
                        1) Hop, firefly is deadly if not leave the stock one in
                        2) barrel, i had an EDGI 6.01mm with custom barrel spacers, very expensive but the combo with the firefly bucking gave be CRAZYILY good accuracy
                        3) m170 spring from hobby of action will get you to 480fps
                        4) then upgrade the spring guide, piston and cylinder head all at once. PDI if you have the money, if not other makes will be just fine
                        5) after about 1000 bb's your sears will go, will cost you £50 or so. The most negatively cost efficient upgrade out there but is required for upwards of 400fps

do it in that order and you will be fine, as mentioned above the triggers are an absolute con, dont get them. PTFE tape the cylinder head (and silencer if your using one)

EDIT: Just read the most recent posts and it seems like we're saying the same things!
                        Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

Originally posted by balaclava ben View Post
                          custom barrel spacers
                          Very good idea too, either make your own, or if you've got cash to splash buy some, they make a hell of a difference, seriousley..,

Comment

i found the best ones, actually worked better than the bought ones, was roll electrical tape around the inner barrel until the fit with the outer is PERFECT. by perfect i mean cutting mm's off the tape when you get near the fitting point. when you've got your size right, splash super glue on either side of the rolled tape to hold the layer together (much like the way a pad of paper holds the sheets together with glue) and then repeat, repeat, and repeat until the sun goes down haha
                            Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

OZONE Find out more about OZONE
                            Working...
                            X