60 lumens good enough for a torch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60 lumens good enough for a torch?

Got a night game coming up on friday but haven't got a torch yet and don't know much about them in terms of brightness ratings just higher the better. Theres not enough time to order a "decent" one from the internet but ive found a 60 lumen, black, waterproof, shockproof etc torch from tescos for £20. This going to be bright enough for a night game?

Re: 60 lumens good enough for a torch?

Looking on Fleabay for torches mate, get some really good ones on there for £20!

mine claims to have 800 lumens, three settings, low, bright and strobe

Though most Airsoft torches run on batteries like CR123a
    which are quite pricey if you buy them from the wrong place ( anywhere not online basically )

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Comment

It depends where you are going for the night game and what you want the torch for really. If you are playing outside with little cover from trees then you should get light from the moon which would be different from an indoor site with no lights off. Then it depends what you want the torch for, lighting up a whole room to make searching rooms quicker or just using it to navigate around in the pitch black.
      I personally recommend if you are outside in an open environment then the moon (and other peoples torches) should be sufficient light to navigate around obstacles. But then if you are going to be playing indoors and just want something to help navigate and stop bumping into things then said torch you are talking about should do the job. but don't expect it to illuminate large rooms. If you are looking for a light to light up whole rooms you will be looking at spending a couple extra ££ and ordering online. Also as torches go it is really worth it to get a proper torch instead of just a clone. I recommend Olight M20.

Comment

A torch at a woodland night game is just a big "shoot over here" tool isn't it?!

Comment

60 lumens for CQB will do you very well. Won't be able to shine down the furthest tunnels etc but for engagement distances is should be perfect. I am told Maplins has a 100 lumen for £20 if this helps.
          "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
            A torch at a woodland night game is just a big "shoot over here" tool isn't it?!
            Yep, please direct your fire this way..........mind you switch the torch on, set it down somewhere , run 20 feet left or right of it and shoot at where the bb's are streaming from.

Comment

Its for outdoor games, need one to illuminate players and see where my shots are going. The last night skirmish i went to was pretty crap as i couldnt make out if my shots were even hitting people.

Comment

Outdoors don't bother with a torch its a waste of time. also with a £20 torch you are not going to be able to see your hits landing. if you cant see if you shots are hitting get closer. and if your hits are hitting then you should hear somebody shout "HIT" thats usually how it works

Comment

I got a little torch for my M4, 900 Lumens for £15. 3 settings; High, Low and strobe.
                  TM SOPMOD [Fully Upgraded] | TM VSR [M40A3]

Comment

I just had a though, maybe look into a tracer unit yes it will give your position away a little bit and its more expensive to run than just standard bb's but you will be able to see where your shots are going.

Comment

Recently, Costco were doing a pair of torches with strobe function for £15. That is for the pair, not each.
                      There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

in cqb might i add using a strobing torch with over 200 lumen has a blinding effect XD

Comment

Used my tracer last time which helped alot but tracer bb's aren't cheap and got through a few.
                          Even if i cant see the shots ill be able to see the reactions of people getting hit. Ive noticed a few people dont take their hits in night games where I play. It seems to be a case of "no one saw me get hit so ill stay in the game".

Comment

led lenser - dont believe the luman rating, by good those things are bright!

Comment

the lumen's torch manufacturors state, i have found, are a a good 25-30% more than what they actually give. for the 'stated' values of lumens, your going to want at least a good 200 lumens or more. search on the famous internet auction site for 'cree' flashlights, by far the most cost efficient torches around! (i would know having a collection of over 45 torches!) ahhaha
                              Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

flavourshaker Find out more about flavourshaker
                              Working...
                              X