Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

WE M14 GBB - Good for skirmishing or realism only?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE M14 GBB - Good for skirmishing or realism only?

Hello,

I'm fairly new to airsoft and have just got my site membership. Now this opens up a world of shiny things for me to buy and I think I know what I want.

I've got a KART M14 with a JAE stock that I bought cheap second hand which has served me ok since I started, however it doesn't have great range or accuracy. Plus the semi auto doesnt work and the cocking lever is now busted so I'm looking to upgrade.

In our group that I play with we have identified that if we had a sniper or DMR in the group we would be a better unit and find ourselves pinned down a lot less.

So I went looking around doing some research and have stumbled across the WE M14 gas blowback rifle. Looks and sounds amazing and seems to fit the bill. However I've heard mixed reviews about having a gas weapon as your primary as well as the we itself.

Comments such as "if you want realism get a gas blowback and if you want range and accuracy get an AEG" put me off.

The other issue is price, I've Been contacted by a few members with regard to my WANTED add and people seem to want nearly new prices for second hand goods which to me doesn't make sense. Second hand stuff is supposed to be like 50% off not 5%.

I've been tempted to order from Japan as the prices are attractive even with import tax and delivery but I've heard horror stories about getting ripped off or customs confiscating it or charging the price of the gun again in import tax.

Not 100% sure what to do all round to be honest, as this section of the forum states I need advice.

Re: WE M14 GBB - Good for skirmishing or realism only?

It will likely cost you around £700 inc. customs charges, and the package is pretty big, so there's a slim chance it will get through without being stung by customs, use the duty calculator to work out what it will be, but i'd say at least £150 of charges...

The m14 is VERY heavy, i realy didn't expect it to be as heavy as it is, however the quality of the rifle is very nice, pretty damn realistic, has very nice range too, only problem is the consistency, after about 15shots~ the mag starts to lose pressure, so the fps lowers a fair bit...

nice gun though!

Comment

Re: WE M14 GBB - Good for skirmishing or realism only?

£700 is a lot more than the I initial price, that's a lot of dolla!

Better off buying from the uk then. You have the RA-Tech version I see? Mind me asking how much that set you back? And would you consider selling it? Lol.

Jokes aside thanks for the info, if I said I could get it for £399 in the uk would that be good?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Karnus Find out more about Karnus
      Working...
      X