Systema

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Systema

Since my other Gun Makes thread was closed for some reason I posting a new thread.

What is Systema and why are they so expensive?

CA M15A4 CQB
    TM M.E.U
    KSC Mac 11
    Warrior G22

Re: Systema

Having fired one a few times, they are awesome. Very accurate. And very expensive! But other people here will give you the details!
    Who Dares Wins.

Comment

Systema market themselves as the bees knees of airsoft. They market their weapons as PTW's (Personal Training Weapons) for use by Police & Armed Forces - for training. They claim to use near exact real steel dimentions and can interchange with real steel parts in places. They have a split gearbox design (like ICS) so the M4/M16 will stip down like the real thing. They have 3 round burst instead of full auto. The gun stops firing when the magazine is empty.

Like other makes, they don't have a 100% reliability record

In recent months, a lot of the above features have been replicated by the competition and in my opinion less and less justifies the huge price. Mind you, I've never tried one.

Comment

I've sold a few AEGs and the like to fund a Systema PTW. The reason they are so expensive is because of three things.
        1. Internal performance and the ability to change FPS at will
        2. Real steel feel and dimensions for customisation
        3. Amazing trigger response

The first is not really taken advantage of to the Nth degree in the UK due to our FPS limits but our American cousins have been taking the PTW range to ridiculous limits. I love running my M16A3 PTW. It trigger response is instantaneous, it has to be tried to be believed. The stock performance (especially in the UK) isn't always that great as the motors sometimes fail totally and the hop isn't all too good. A couple of mods on both and they are truly brilliant. As was stated before, they stop firing when empty, have the option of 3 shot burst or automatic fire and as with loading the real weapon the bolt release catch must be pressed after inserting a new magazine after empties. Its as close to the real steel as I'll ever get and that was enough for me to take the plunge. It is worth noting however that owning a Systema does not put you massively over someone with a JG M4/G36 performance-wise, its the realism that costs the money. Whilst other manufacturers don't create AEGs with this style of internals, real steel dimensions and feel, Systema will always have a market and can charge these prices.

Comment

The PTWs aren't rs dimensions exactly iirc.
          Buy my stuff!

Comment

Well I'll put it this way, I had to buy a Knights Armament Company M5 RAS (real steel) to fit my M16PTW as the Classic Army RAS etc wouldn't fit due to not being real steel dimensions.
            I've seen Real Steel receivers in the US be modified to fit the PTW along with other parts being straight fitted. Even the threading dimensions are done in inches and not mm. The gas blocks have been interchanged, the mags are 1:1 as is the new TM M4 SOPMOD. In my albeit limited experience I've yet to see a real steel part that is not a part of the firing operation internally not be able to fit a PTW.

Comment

Plus like a alot of airsoft stuff, owning a PTW does bring certain bragging rights.

However, they generally are a bit better than most others guns, but £600 better. NO. Systema arnt really marketting them at skirmishers either- they're designed for police and armed forces training- for afore mentioned likeness to a real M4 or MP5.

When you buy a PTW expecting it to be some form of airsoft god your going to be very disappointed. What you need to remember is that PTWs are very realistic high performance and high end airsoft guns. However, if you want systema performance, you dont have to pay close to a grand. My M16 shoots on par with PTWs and thats because ive replaced most of the stock internals with systema parts- this cost me around £200, pricey yes, plus the original £300 for the rifle, but it performs level with PTWs, ive saved £400-600, i get to keep an M16A2 rather than have an M4, and it still plays like a normal skirmish gun- ie i can use highcaps and normal TM parts and such.

This wasnt meant to come across as a brag- i was just saying how you can get PTW performance without buying a £1000 gun
              G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
              RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

I'm not altogether sure you'll ever get PTW trigger responses on a normal AEG, range and rate of fire... definately. Aeviv is right though, I own a PTW and its not a massive advantage over a standard AEG. Bragging rights don't come with a PTW, they are usually added by the attitude of the owner.

Comment

I remember someone at Urban Assault I kinda know saying, 'Just bought this, what you think?' I didn't know what make it was as I took it. Never will I forget the feeling of firing it. Think it was the M4. The trigger response was awesome and the accuracy on it on semi auto was brilliant. Having said that, don't think I would ever spend that on a airsoft gun. Unless a lottery win comes my way!
                  Who Dares Wins.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Aaron Find out more about Aaron
                  Working...
                  X