Mosfets that lock a gun to semi auto?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mosfets that lock a gun to semi auto?

Im wanting to lock my ARES L86 to semi only, and im wondering which mosfets are out there that lock a gun to semi only. I have seen one that can lock a gun to semi, but your only able to fire one round a second.

Re: Mosfets that lock a gun to semi auto?

Ive seen that mosfet, it doesnt just have the 1 round a second, it has 2 modes for semi auto, normal semi auto and then sniper mode, (they nickname it sphincter mode) which is the 1 shot a second to try and make it closer to a bolt action.
    Just a question, why would you wanna change an LSW into a semi auto rifle, it would closer resemble an L98 cadet rifle, albeit with a larger caliber? :D
    section 24 of the 1968 Act
    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
      it would closer resemble an L98 cadet rifle, albeit with a larger caliber? :D
      But that's where so many members gained all their valuable military experience!

OP, while it might make a great DMR, it would be a waste of a perfectly good support weapon in my personal experience. But, if you're determined to do it, most programmable 'fets will do this for you.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rockinrobin View Post
        But that's where so many members gained all their valuable military experience!

It made me smile so Ill assume its a joke! :D
        1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
        2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

L98 cadet rifle is 5.56!

Comment

He means the airsoft gun has a larger calibre.

My cadet experience was with a man's rifle - .303in Lee-Enfield No4.

Comment

Originally posted by No1_sonuk View Post
              He means the airsoft gun has a larger calibre.

My cadet experience was with a man's rifle - .303in Lee-Enfield No4.
              Yep all those great years before H&S went crazy. The good ol days eh?

According to a friend of mine, an L98 which he uses at cadets, he can shoot a target at 600m on iron sights, Ive never laughed until milkshake came out my nose like that before.

Comment

Not sure of the ballistics of the 5.56mm NATO, but we regularly shot 500 yards with .303 No4s and iron sights.

Comment

The max accurate (and that's point to point accurate) is 300M, however you can shoot out to about 450M, wether it's a kill shot is a different matter. Also anything over 150M with an L85 is done with a SUSAT/ACOG. The L98 cadet rifle also doesn't use a proper NATO round, it uses a lower grain round making about as powerful as a .22 rather than a 5.56x45 NATO (or .223 for the imperial buffs).

Comment

Just a question, why would you wanna change an LSW into a semi auto rifle, it would closer resemble an L98 cadet rifle, albeit with a larger caliber? :D
                    I was talking to a staff member at my regular site and he told me that if i lock it to semi auto i can bring the fps up to 420

Comment

Originally posted by Support Gunner Gilome View Post
                      I was talking to a staff member at my regular site and he told me that if i lock it to semi auto i can bring the fps up to 420
                      Is there any point though? It wont give you massive range advantages(quite possibly non at all), and power isnt the be all end all. If you want high power then get a dedi semi auto (SR25 or something), at least the LSW will still have an option of being used for what its made for then.

Comment

I suppose there's the argument that says an LSW is actually quite a good base for a DMR. Decent sized barrel, fitted bipod and with a 4x ACOG or SUSAT it's ready to go.

But don't forget that by going to 425fps you'll lose the ability to work at close range as there'll be a minimum engagement range of (usually) 30m.
                        sigpic

Comment

Im sure at one point it did get used as desi marksman rifle, but it always kept the full auto capability for supression fire.
                          Keep it full auto at 350 mate, seriously, you wont gain anything from the small power increase but as rockinrobin has said, engagements below 30m for some sites 20m for others you will need to switch weapon to engage, no good for **** *******.

Comment

full auto capability for supression fire
                            There is nothing more rewarding than a bit of suppression fire!!

I agree - keep it at 350. I have the ICS version with the adjustable spring rate. There is a gnats todger between 350 and 400. Ive tried it and it is not worth the aggro of 20/30m engagement limits.

If I call for a support gun then I need a bit of support gunning at 350fps. What I dont need is a bit of useless 1 shot a second at 50fps more :D

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Support Gunner Gilome Find out more about Support Gunner Gilome
                            Working...
                            X