Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valuables and where to keep them on the battlefield

Hey all,

Off on a weekender soon and was wondering; where is the best place to store essential items that I don't feel like leaving in the tent- keys, phone, wallet?

I mainly play CQB and as there is less crawling around and diving for cover than in woodland I can usually squeeze them into a couple of pouches of my SAAV or into the special hidden pocket of my MBSS vest. But the prospect of playing for whole/half days with them on my person seems to tempt the gods of wallet loss and phone damage.

I'm only going with a SAAV for this game and while there are many pockets to choose from, they don't offer safe enough protection for my paranoid mind.

Suggestions, tips, things to share with the group?

Re: Valuables and where to keep them on the battlefield

Car?

Comment

Secret hole in a tree?
      Lady Astor (first woman MP in the House of Commons): "Mr Churchill, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your tea."
      Winston (getting unsteadily to his feet): "Madam, if I were your husband ... I'd drink it."

Comment

if u have a spare set of shoes put them in a sock and them in the shoe lol

Comment

Bury them?
          Altus Volo Mugio Extraho

Comment

Well the SAAV has plenty of big zip pockets and ultra velcro pouches, so take your pick! Should be plenty safe enough in the zip pouches on the bakc.

Comment

Last year I used a travel "bum bag". Its very thin and fits under a shirt nicely. Cant see it, and just means you have them on you at all times.

Comment

I leave stuff in my car, or use a key ring carabina to attach it to my chest rig and put my keys/phone in a velcro pocket.
                WANTED: KAC QD SUPPRESSOR (long) & AKS-74/AKMS
                After one week with me in my dojo, you'll be prepared to defend yourself with the strength of a grizzly, the reflexes of a puma, and the wisdom of a man.

Comment

I`ve got a specific wallet for airsoft events with minimal contents, has a key ring inside it for car keys, this goes into a zip pocket on my smock. Phone if I have one stays in the glovebox in the car for emergencies.

Comment

All exept obviously my car keys stay in the car.
                    Dont so much worry about having things stolen more loosing them while out in the feild.

Saying that thought i lost my car keys once late last year, searched everywhere out in the field (pitch black) safe zone and around the car.
                    After an hour or so of searching had my mother grab my spare set from home and bring them down.
                    Only to get home empty out my kit and find them in a "secret pocket" in one of my bags
                    Yes i did feel a right [email protected]

Comment

After paying for the days game everything except car keys, smokes and lighter stay on me.

Usually keep them in zipped pockets in assault vest. When its hot and no assault vest I put keys at the bottom of my gas can pouch with the can on top. Always paranoid of losing the car keys though, then i'd be completly buggered!
                      Tisane that's the sort of thing I would do to! Lol.
                      sigpic
                      Armoury:Tm mp5/Ics m16/Spartac AK74U/Spartac AK pistol/m56c/Hfc m190/Tm m9 tactical master/Armourer works HX11/Dynatex BFG

Comment

I have my wallet and car keys on me in a velcro admin pouch in the top front of my vest so the only way they're going to get lost is if I somehow don't notice that the flap is in my face and I'm hanging upside down. My phone stays in the glovebox. There's no need for it out in the field.

Comment

I have one of those zippy/velcro/wallety things in OD that I either wear round my neck under my rig or stash in a smock pocket.

I can't remember what they are actually called but It's from Viper.

Comment

I leave everything but my car keys in the car and stash the keys inside the zip pocket on the inside of my tac vest.
                            https://www.youtube.com/user/AirsoftbyOliver - My Youtube channel.

Comment

I am right jealous of all you car-owning types. Like a mobile safe. Unfortunately I have only my two feet and a festival tent to call home for this game. May combine the socks and vest pocket into one, just fearing a ruptured hydration bladder- I attract these sort of accidents and it makes me wary

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Vyking Film & TV Armourer Find out more about Vyking
                              Working...
                              X