Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Do tightbore's really make a difference in game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do tightbore's really make a difference in game?

Originally posted by pope3984 View Post
    Im thinking of putting a silencer on my hk416, and then getting a tightbore to go right up to the end of the silencer. I figured having a longer barrel cant hurt.
    it can, too long and the BB bonces along the barrel doing the oposite of what u want

Comment

1,000,000 yes it is worth chucking a TB in, Ive just put a TB in my M4 and it was worth every penny

Comment

So if you put a TB in a gun do you have to get a new hop rubber?

Comment

Woah woah nelly.

Does getting a TB make a difference? Well, that all depends on the original barrel doesn't it?

Starting from the beginning, I'm from the school of though that the CONSISTENCY of the bore is as important as the diameter. That is how regular and accurate the hole down the barrel is.

I've seen electronically scanned cross sections of a large number of main manufacturers barrels done by a German engineering company on something similar to an MRI scanner. One thing that stood out wasn't the fact that the tightest bore barrels performed best, it was the fact the ones that people seem to get on best with actually had the most accurate bore, including the much acclaimed Tanio Koba barrels. (Unfortunately Marui barrels were not tested)

As well as their "twist" inverse rifling, Tanio Koba barrels are actually dead on round inside and maintain a consistent bore with little to no deviation.

Classic Army on the other hand, had TERRIBLE bore roundness and the inconsistency along it's length was over half a millimetre.

Promethius (sp?) had a very round and tight bore that was consistent, but the price tag was there to match.

Systema offered a very round, consistent bore at a sensible 6.04mm, with an easy to swallow pricetag, that's why they are my barrel of choice, although I've started to give Madbull Python barrels a try, I'll come back to that shortly.

So, to improve your groupings (consistency) I think that you are best opting for a consistent barrel, not an outright tight bore, although the tightest barrels DO seem to be rather consistent, and will likely give you a small FPS uplift.

All your good work in getting a decent barrel can be undone though, by buying bad BBs and not keeping it clean, and to get the best efficiency out of your gun, matching your barrel length to your cylinder is essential. If I'm not mistaken, anything less than a full length M16 barrel requires a ported cylinder?

My advice? Get a systema inner barrel. They are practical, reasonably priced, and if you need to chuck some cheaper BBs down them, they won't perform as terribly as others.

Comment

Originally posted by perky416 View Post
            Would you guys say its worth spending £50 on?
            Out of all the upgrades you do to your gun, a good barrel and hop rubber will give probaly the best noticable upgrade.

Yes upgrading your gear box, motor or battery will give more bb's a sec or quicker trigger response. But for getting bb's on target you need a decent barrel and hop rubber.

I would have added keeping it clean but I thought that was just too obvious.
            Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

perky416 Find out more about perky416
            Working...
            X