ARES L85A2 Slight Wobble On Handguard / DD Rail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARES L85A2 Slight Wobble On Handguard / DD Rail

My Ares L85A2 has all of a sudden decided to get a bit of a wobble on the gas block/foresight. Its only a minor movement but it bugs the s**te out of me :P and both my handguard and DD rail have a small bit of play in them as a result

Anyone else got this problem? Or know how to cure it?

Thanks

Re: ARES L85A2 Slight Wobble On Handguard / DD Rail

The handguard/foregrip on my brand new, out of the box Ares L1A1 was wobbly, as well as the carry handle being as floppy as a floppy thing in floppyville.
    I cured the fore grip by padding it off the barrel with some single sided stickyback foam and the carry handle I had to beat the crap out of with a hammer to make the fit tighter.

Pretty bloody shocking for a £ 350 quid gun.......infact I wouldve sent it back if I hadnt tried to cure the problems first....I certainly wont be buying anything else made by them.
    Originally Posted by PureSilver
    "Complaining that it's shit because it's more complicated and less reliable than an AEG is like complaining that sex is shit because it's much messier than masturbating into a sock."

Comment

Mines brand new too, and i either didnt notice it at first or its only just started, ive noticed it more after fitting the ris rail

it is very minor just dont want any at all

Ive ordered a new outer barrel & gas block in an attempt to irradicate the wobble fingers crossed it works

Comment

I had the exact same problem... I haven't completely cured it, but I used millput to bulk out the holes at the back of the DD rail which the lugs fit into, so its a super tight fit (use fairy liquid as a release agent). Also strip it down and tighten all the screws abit. Pretty much eliminated it for me unless I give it a massive smack, then I have to tighten all the screws alittle bit more.

Out of interest, where did you order a new outer barrel from, I really want one, so if you could let me know that'd be great.

Comment

Hi jay, i have totally stripped it down tightened every screw i can see but still there. I will defo try and bulk out the holes on the rail as i think this may be causing most of the problem.

Unfortunatly i cant say where i got those parts from. Forum rules

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

M.I.A Bish, Bash, Bosh Find out more about M.I.A
          Working...
          X