Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New and need some help

Hello guys

Im new to all this and I have not even been to an Airsoft day but I am hooked !

I need some help. I know all about two tone guns and how to get a real looking one so i am going to go to a place near me at Epsom and get ukara membership.

I have all my kit such as overalls and black SAS type outfit with tac vest and stuff. I have all British DPM woodland camo kit for outdoors too. All I need is the gun.
    Can I join an already existing Airsoft group and play along with them as none of my mates are up for it ?
    I realy want to get involved and looking forward to next week on my first outing.
    How do I go about joining a group and can I tag along to other events after I have had pratice.....
    I have done paintball quite a few times so I no stranger to the guts of what to do.

Are people welcoming to newbies at airsoft sites ?

cheers
    Its nice to be important.....but important to be nice !

Re: New and need some help

just get chatting to people and just tag along u will have fun

Comment

you dont need to know anyone there you can just turn up and by the end of the day your mates with almost everyone because the majority of the community is really freindly although i found that for the first time i went with a mate which helped as i was a bit nervous but you should be fine
      For sale:

-Splitting M4
      -MP5 Parts
      -MP7a1
      -M9 Magazine

Comment

everyone is pretty friendly you do some times get a bit of a dick thinking his the dogs bollocks but is a great sport its much better than paintballing anyway welcome to the club

Comment

Welcome to our brotherhood! Got to say that airsoft is much better than paintball. And I have never played paintball!!
          Originally posted by Tiercel
          The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

If you go on your own, you will be fine, however I would suggest going with a friend first time.

Comment

I went on my own the first time i played and there are some good and bad fella's at my site just like everywhere in life.

None of my mates were remotely interested but the more and more i tell them about it, the more intersted they become.

Ask questions but not stupid ones like I did, treat people the way you want to be treated and most of all ALWAYS TAKE YOUR HITS.

Comment

My first time was on my own too (No sniggering) but you soon gel right in. I sort of tagged along behind the people who looked like they knew what they were doing and just tried to be helpful, rather than wandering off on my own thinking I knew what I was doing.

You'll probably find that people will realise you're new and you'll get some pointers. Failing that you can just do what I did and mention it to the marshals there before hand and they should be helpful and give you advice.

It's a daunting first step but its worth it!

Comment

You should be fine on your own!!

Most people are pretty helpful and nice...

Is it the bunker in Epsom your going to???

I went there this year and had a blast!!! really good people down there!!!

Im sure you will enjoy it all!!
                  FOR SALE
                  7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
                  , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

if u ever go to gzw look me up ill show u around

Comment

Originally posted by Hawk View Post
                      Got to say that airsoft is much better than paintball. And I have never played paintball!!
                      Then how exactly do you know?

Anyhooo, back to the original topic. Welcome. My advice is to just get stuck in. Perhaps, if your local site has forums/message boards, get on there and introduce yourself too, and they might take you under their wings, so-to-speak. Alternatively, get down to the site, get stuck in and do the whole social thing and talk to random strangers.

Most 'softers I've ever met are happy to talk about their kits, guns, tactics, etc.
                      Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

i just completed my first skirmish last week, and it was so damn good!

i went with a couple of mates, which really helped, as it can be a bit intimidating seeing most everyone there looking like they know what they're doing.

Just remember that by the end of the session you'll have exp under your belt, and be planning your next mission

It's a cool feeling not knowing what it will be like, and hearing the rules getting laid down, then trudging off to get into position...

Savour that feeling, cos it only happens once

Comment

Thanks everyone for your comments. I have got together some pretty cool kit and i am ready for a day out now.
                          BILL 1310 if i ever go to GZW ill let you know and cheers for the offer.
                          ELZER0 yes i am going to go to the bunker at Epsom its literaly down the road from me.....so no excuse not to go.
                          Thanks again guys for the help.
                          Its nice to be important.....but important to be nice !

Comment

what day are you going, will it be the evening game on irrc thursday....the evening games at most sites tend to be more friendly imo because they have a lot smaller attendances, and people have more time for chatting,and the events seem to be more relaxed
                            VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                            trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

platt12401 Find out more about platt12401
                            Working...
                            X