Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to airsofting

Hey guys,
    On sunday me and 2 mates came to the groundzero airsofting game. We all loved it, crawling through bush's the labyrinth place, it was all great.
    Now my question is, we're all going to be going every other weekend (unless work intervenes) so what guns can you recommend for me?
    Ive got a £200 budget, dont mind buying a 2nd hand gun so long as its face to face. I really like M4 and that sort of style of gun, really like the G&G Combat G15/G16's.
    Just not sure what to get and where from really, so any help would be much appreciated.

Re: New to airsofting

Well thats sounds like you got a good start with combat machine range there great starter gun's , all i would say would be get a couple of spare compatitable mags, second battery , sling (may not seem important but between games can be very useful), Airsoft safe glasses or goggles ( just check with the site if you can wear glasses ) keep a look out on the classifieds on here you can pick up some bargins , one thing i would recommend getting would be a smart charger and just have fun and keep the right side of the law with ukara and you'll be fine pm me if you want anythink or any links where you can get stuff from

Comment

I'd say wait until your full membership is sorted. Then you can buy a RIF, rather than 2-tone.

Comment

Thanks for the info mate :D

Comment

.. Assuming you're over 18, of course.

Comment

Yeh, ground zero is my local so You will be allowed to wear glasses (providing you are over 16)
            and yes, keep an eye out on the classifieds for some good bargains!
            and as most people would suggest get your UKARA sorted and it makes life a lot easier.
            rent or borrow until then, we are a lot of friendly guys at GZW and if you get to know a few of us im sure that they will let you borrow a RIF until your time comes.. and hey, whilst you are waiting, you can save up a little more for something a little bit more awesome as your first gun.
            Signature Removed

Comment

Hi Joshcf, The others seem to have covered the most when it comes to buying your first AEG, You should be able to find everything you need in classified, may be worth saving a little and adding say another £100 to your budget as £200 may be a little on the tight side. If you don't already own some DPM and GOOD boots then they will be the first things you should be after. the boots being a must, not fun breaking an ankle. Eye protection will be next, I (along with many players) would recommend Ess Ice 2.4 very good value and your eyes are well protected. Another thing that might be a good idea is ask people at your site about their guns, a lot will let you hold and maybe test them. Will stop you making the mistake I did, buying an L85 then decided I prefer M4's. Once again resist the urge to buy two tone, wait get site membership and buy a RIF.

Comment

Thanks for all the great info guys, really appreciate it
                I think you're all right about UKARA though, and yeah I can add to my funds while I wait.
                Although boots are out of the question as I have size 15 UK shoes :'(

Comment

Originally posted by Joshcf View Post
                  Although boots are out of the question as I have size 15 UK shoes :'(
                  I would honestly re-think that, woodland in particular you are running around on uneven ground and it is very common for people to trip or fall and the ankle being the weak point will be the first to go. I heard somebody say a while ago boots turn breaks to sprains, sprains to twists and twists to nothing. Even if it means paying extra to get some in your size it is better than breaking your ankle and being off work, would also save you money.

Comment

You are not alone, I am size 16 uk shoe size. I found a pair of (NEW) Black military army style boots on a certain bidding website and it was the bargain of my life £55 for new boots size 16. Apparently the guy who had them got them bought for him by the army a couple pairs and he didnt need one of them so he sold em online. They are brill. Big and bulky!!

hehe... good luck.... just do some searching they do exist.
                    Providing back rubs and rehabilitation for the players I kill. I know, sometimes you are so humiliated!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Joshcf Find out more about Joshcf
                    Working...
                    X