BFG in the 'hood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BFG in the 'hood?

So, to all those advising against it, what's the deal with Bird Scarers then??

Where I work, they're forever letting them off...

Advise the neighbouring buildings you'll be utilising a bird scaring device then just do it... Only, if you're near a retirement home I'd consider the clapping option; don't want to deal with THAT aftermath ;-)
    Originally posted by andre the giant
    ...most of us like a balance of shooting and drinking tea.

Comment

[QUOTE=donkonious;760975]So, to all those advising against it, what's the deal with Bird Scarers then??QUOTE]

Are they not used in fields, as in non urban areas....

As for using a BFG, why? one bang isnt going to have the birds pack up shop and head for the hills, hence a bird scarer using multiple and sustained bangs....
      Originally posted by Bluegill
      5 years Backyard Skirmishing...

I hope that's not an airsoft euphemism

Comment

Originally posted by Crash View Post
        Ben, why not try stepping outside the next time the little birdys are half way through their conversation with each and try and join in, they should disappear rather quickly!

You seem to have that affect in the safe zone when you try and talk to people! :D
        F**k you then Ash I won't bother next time

So the general consensus is to ask the neighbours, see if they're okay with it, and then see if it actually works!

Comment

id go for the bird of prey...they obviously like the area they are in,and you would have to scare them probably twice a day for god knows,for them to eventually get the message...so i would get hold of a plastic falcon and stick high up....they would feel very threatened and fcuk off....or you could find the species of the birds, download their alarm call,and play it back to them over a sound system,that would def. work as well. i did that in one of my local parks that has animals....opened up youtube on my mobile of the exact bird calling and all the birds in the aviary went crazzy
          VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
          trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Flame Thrower?

Comment

Yeah I'd ask the neighbours... But you could always use a 12 guage blank when you decide to do it

Comment

Use a remote detonated bb claymore. Quiet, effective, and funny as sh1t. That will stop birds coming back.
                'Smurf's Tours of Duty

ATR Winchester, 2 Regt AAC, 654 Sqn 4 Regt AAC, Cmd Tp, 4 Regt AAC, 216 Parachute Signals Sqn, HQ 16 Air Assualt Brigade, 668 (trg) Sqn AAC, 5 Regt (NI) AAC, JHF(NI) Operations, FSW Ops Sqn

Currently 1 (UK) Civ Div

Comment

just load your pistol and every time they squark shoot the f**kers they will soon learn probelm solved

Comment

Originally posted by XxB4K3RxX View Post
                    just load your pistol and every time they squark shoot the f**kers they will soon learn probelm solved
                    Shoot at something outside the house and not restricted by garden walls etc?

Great advice!
                    sigpic

Comment

Train a hawk to scare birds away and then return to you. Simple.

Comment

A BFG you say? I think its a great idea. But train him to be less friendly to birds and also you may have problems chucking him, due to his size.

Comment

Chase them with a hammer whilst making dove noises. The padded cells you'll be in the next day are soundproof.
                          'Smurf's Tours of Duty

ATR Winchester, 2 Regt AAC, 654 Sqn 4 Regt AAC, Cmd Tp, 4 Regt AAC, 216 Parachute Signals Sqn, HQ 16 Air Assualt Brigade, 668 (trg) Sqn AAC, 5 Regt (NI) AAC, JHF(NI) Operations, FSW Ops Sqn

Currently 1 (UK) Civ Div

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Boo-Sabum Ben Instructor & Umpire with the International Taekwon-Do Federation Find out more about Boo-Sabum Ben
                          Working...
                          X