Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

ICS SA80 (L85 or L86 A2) - modifications?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICS SA80 (L85 or L86 A2) - modifications?

My SA80, so far, has been a great weapon HOWEVER I am still getting ever so slightly out-ranged by some guns - proper modded M4's and the like.

Clearly a 6.03 tightbore will help and is on the list but I would like to hear from any other SA80 owner, previous or current, regarding what other (if any) mods they had done? Preferrably mods that worked!

I dont want to go big springs as I want to be able to play sites without having to worry about my fps.

Cheers:D

Re: ICS SA80 (L85 or L86 A2) - modifications?

The ARES and ICS have quick change springs so it's little trouble to change it ad-hoc.

A tightbore is a must, really as it will increase accuracy and give you a very slight increase in range.

Comment

Scrap the ICS hop rubber for at the very least a TM version.

Comment

I was looking at getting a Madbull 6.03 with a blue rubber. I was going to use one of the two blue rubbers which come with the Madbull Ultimate hop unit which I am getting for my M4.

Comment

Just read other reviews elsewhere and scrapped the Madbull rubbers idea. Just ordered two TM's from Z1.

Next question is which tightbore do you consider to be the better one - Systema, Madbull, Prommy or ???

Comment

all i done on my ICS L85 is change the hop rubbers to TM ones. It runs a 340fps and i use .25's, range is pukka

Comment

Originally posted by M.I.A View Post
              all i done on my ICS L85 is change the hop rubbers to TM ones. It runs a 340fps and i use .25's, range is pukka
              nice - £5 well spent then!

I just need to tighten up on the accuracy now.

Comment

Madbull 6.03 barrel with madbull blue rubber and x nub is what i did to mine, works great, job done

Comment

i havent bothered with a TB on mine as its not too shabby anyway. i have other guns with TB's and to put them side by side there is no noticeable difference at all

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                  X