Best GBBR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best GBBR?

Yes this is just another "What am bestest gun" thread but as it's my first GBBR I though it would be best to ask before splashing a large amount of money on something that turns out to be pants. I've done a search but all anyone seems to suggest is the WE G39 which I certainly don't want :D

I have a budget of roughly £500 to purchase a GBBR plus any internal upgrades/fixes out the box it may need (including NPAS). Not looking to buy second hand and only looking to purchase an armalite although the only other thing i will consider is the SCAR L, no PDWs, G39s etc.

Can anybody with any experience of GBBRs help me? I have heard good things about the G&P WOC series but don't have any experience with them and I was also very tempted by the VFC MK18 MOD1 but it seems they aren't the best performers. An M16 is not out of the question but I prefer the length of an M4.

Thanks in advance,
    Jcowley

Re: Best GBBR?

Any Open bolt WE M4/16/416, Co2 however.

R.A tech do some 'DX' & 'Super DX' guns which are basically GBBR's but with all the upgrades pre-installed. i highly recommend them. Most are from a certain for-mentioned retailers site, however there beginning to crop up in the UK now on a few sites.

My WE M4 performs fantastically. however i upgraded it stage by stage after i got the original.

My only real advice however is go for Co2. no matter the weather you'll always get you're full mag off. :P

Comment

I would go for CO2 but my local site doesn't allow it at all, regardless of the FPS so it looks like it's going to have to be propane for me.

Comment

I have a G&P magpul woc M4 which has WA internals. It is awesome to hold and great build quality. There are loads of upgrades available to satisfy anyone's requirements, gives a good kick & is very reliable. The main issue I have found is the mags are stupidly expensive and no one in the uk sells em. Importing them from hong kong doesn't look too bad at first, cost wise, but then customs and rip off mail and their bits which can push mag prices to around £60 each.

G&P mags seem to have week fill valves that leak easily. However the pro win mags are awesome and I would thoroughly recommend them despite their extra cost. G&P mags hold enough gas to empty 1x 50 rounds but the pro win mags hold enough gas to go through at least 2x 50 rounds. I have also managed 3 BB refills to one gas charge depending on environment and temp.

The only pants thing I have found is the hop up rubber is crap. That is the same for 3 other G&P woc rifles between other team members that have them. It is common. I changed my hop rubber for the red ra tech one and it is much improved. Still doesn't have the range of my aeg though but I only use it in urban environments due to the limited ammo and heavy mags, so I'm not that fussed. The extra realism, noise and blow back of it more than makes up for it.
        As with all gbbr they will suffer from cool down, especially if you use full auto. I always use single shot which does improve accuracy plus it makes my mags last a bit longer. I also enjoy my games more when i play with the gbbr because i cant carry as much ammo you select your targets more and get better kills. I'm currently saving for the RA tech 3round burst kit which looks stunning and will offer a nicer option to full auto I think.

I also have a we g39c and as with everyone else, it is awesome. I do prefer to handle the G&P and the recoil is better but I have to admit the we shoots better in standard form.

Comment

you want the best?

c02 magged bomber gbbr rifles ..cost about the same as a systema and performs like one

..but in terms of more budget friendly mainstream?

newer WE rifles.

Comment

What about the v2 kjw tanio koba m4? ...

Performs better than any WE ive owned and also has the joy of being compatible with aeg front ends etc. Check out the youtube bits on it..
            Originally posted by Bluegill
            5 years Backyard Skirmishing...

I hope that's not an airsoft euphemism

Comment

Hopefully picking myself up a WE M14 next saturday, done my research and seems to fit the bill for what I want.

Plus there's a 300ft accuracy and range test on YouTube which looks awesome lol

Comment

It seems you've already decided OP, as you state everyone raves about WE's G39, but you'll never get one, but will consider the SCAR-L. My advice? Get one. I have two and advocate their ability to bring a grin to anybody's face. Good realistic weight and balance, with a nice kick.
                There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

I would prefer an M4 or variant with the SCAR-L being more of a second choice, if it really out-performs any M4 I can buy with my budget then I'll happily choose it. I'm more asking for opinions on different brands I guess, and also if anybody can tell me which is better between the WA system and the WE Open Bolt system then that would be a huge help

Comment

It's a matter of personal preference as to which system is best mate. Straight out the box, we for sure. But for upgradability then wa. They have a lot more upgrades available but not everyone wants to spend extra money upgrading, especially having shelled out so much on the rifle in the first place.

I have both systems and each has it's advantages and disadvantages. I love them both and use both but agree that I will have to spend more on the wa to get it up to my aeg level for skirmishing where the we was pretty much spot on out the box. However, I like the wa system better for it's blow back, more kick than the we. I'm sure it will break sooner though. Best excuse for some steel Ra tech parts , mrs p, can I order.....................lol.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jcowley Find out more about Jcowley
                    Working...
                    X