Side flipping Mounts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Side flipping Mounts?

Alright guys, might have found a work around to my Aimpoint on my PDW issue that Id quite like to try.

Watching the E3 coverage of the new MW3, the M4 used in the demo has an optic (looks like an eotech magnifier?) that can be flipped to the side when not wanted.

Do we have anything for airsoft of a similar nature? Would be good If I could flip the red dot to the side when not its too close for it to be pointing in the right place!

Whats this kind of mount called?

Re: Side flipping Mounts?

there is but i cant remember were i saw one.
    Traded with me? please leave feedback as will I http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=104161

Comment

Ares sell their magnifiers with "Side flip" mounts

Comment

You can get them for airsoft, they're called 'flip to side mounts'. As you say, they're mainly used for Eotech magnifiers, I'm not sure if they'd be compatible with Aimpoints but I assume so. Try googling '30mm Flip-To-Side QD mount' and see where that gets you, or if it's helpful at all.
        Originally posted by The Laughing Man

the guy literally cacked himself. literally.

but not literally.

Comment

brilliant. getting all sorts of useful things now! Bit of a pain that they cost £20 and upwards, but i spose thats not too bad value for what they are

Comment

Borrowed one at ****** ***** the other weekend. Not a flip side one, but it was a quick disconnect.

Great for Eotech, but try to borrow one for an aimpoint first (or get one specifically for aimpoint), as they may not line up.

Comment

Don't worry guys, got it sorted. 30mm aimpoint side flipping mount purchased! Will do some pics and maybe even a review when it turns up.

Looks like a nifty bit of kit, and will let me flip to my iron sights for cqb!

Comment

It just arrived! pretty happy with it as well! Here are some pics!

And a little video to show how this one works!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2194377/Zero...p/IMGP1907.AVI

Comment

Awesome.
                  Originally posted by The Laughing Man

the guy literally cacked himself. literally.

but not literally.

Comment

They do look pretty sweet, but does the aimpoint bounce around when you are moving with it flipped to the side?

Comment

nope! its a fairly strong spring in there. Has to be a deliberate movement to put it back up, so you may get a tiny bit of bounce if youre full on sprinting, but nothing that would cause any concern!

Comment

Nice! I have been debating on getting an eotech magnifier with FTS but was worried I would then have a magnifier flying around. I think this thread has made my decision to try one out!

Comment

Originally posted by BringOnThunder View Post
                          Nice! I have been debating on getting an eotech magnifier with FTS but was worried I would then have a magnifier flying around. I think this thread has made my decision to try one out!
                          Definately worth a go! That video I put up doesnt seem to work very well, but it showed me releasing it to the side. Its a good positive flip, rather than falling over. Definately worth a try out with a magnifier!

Comment

How did I miss that video! they look much more impressive than I expected! great photos and video thanks man!

Comment

Finally put this to use saturday, worked a real charm! So many times heading up to buildings, getting there, flipping it out the side and just carry on. No awkward looking alongisde the side of the barrel! Plus we play a CQB game after lunch, where it stayed to the side the whole game, and didnt get in the way once.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Boo-Sabum Ben Instructor & Umpire with the International Taekwon-Do Federation Find out more about Boo-Sabum Ben
                              Working...
                              X