Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dboys M4 internals advice.

Hi guys,

I've recently purchased a Dboys M4 CQB and it happens to be kicking out just over 370fps atm!! Obviously a little too high for my local and even most outdoor places.

I need to lower it, but don't want any lower than 320. Obviously i need a new spring and want some advice from you guys on what to go for? I also think that whilst it's apart a want to fit a new hopup (Systema i think?) Worth doing at the same time i'm sure you guys will agree. Barrel has already been upgraded to a 6.03 TB apparently. Any thing else you guys suggest i do?

Firstly i'm not too sure and a little unconfident on changing the spring myself, but i am mechanically minded, so is there anything i need to be careful of/ watch out for? Also any videos/ good instructions on how to do this.

While i have your guys attention as well i've just ordered 5 Magpul Mid Mags and still have need of a speedloader. Anyone have one? Preferably a big mag sized un Also after some magazine pulls too. Black or Earth coloured

Thanks a lot guys

J

Re: Dboys M4 internals advice.

I think i opened one of these up recently. Personally i would snip two coils of the spring first then chrono.

Took apart an M4 recently to find that fitting an m90 spring went and upped the fps to 400.... God knows how and the chrono wasn't faulty but ended up chopping the spring by a coil or two until it was down to 330fps with standard parts.

Hop unit, just stick a TM hop rubber in there

Magpull stuff, google is your friend

Plenty of videos online regarding M4 V2/V3 gearbox disassembly.... its relatively easy, just the anti reversal latch is a bit fidly at times. Just keep an eye out for wild springs too.

Comment

i found in my d-boys m4 a element hop up chamber and a half decent rubber was great as for the fps just dissasemble the gearbox and but a weaker spring in there its cheap to get done by someone else too a little tip is just send the gearbox for cheaper postage pm me if you need help dissasembly or want it doing for you

Comment

Originally posted by badas View Post
        I think i opened one of these up recently. Personally i would snip two coils of the spring first then chrono.

Took apart an M4 recently to find that fitting an m90 spring went and upped the fps to 400.... God knows how and the chrono wasn't faulty but ended up chopping the spring by a coil or two until it was down to 330fps with standard parts.

Hop unit, just stick a TM hop rubber in there

Magpull stuff, google is your friend

Plenty of videos online regarding M4 V2/V3 gearbox disassembly.... its relatively easy, just the anti reversal latch is a bit fidly at times. Just keep an eye out for wild springs too.
        Okay, i'll take a look into that. Cutting the spring would save a bit of cash :P I've just heard that the gearbox dissasembly/ assembly is awkward and you need 4 hands lol. Fear always sets in when i hear that! haha. I think i'll still go for a systema hop up, heard such good things and a TM rubber.

Any other opinions/ advice more than welcome

Comment

Don't get a systema hop unit :P haha

Modern chinease - cheapy airsoft AEG's are performing alot better out of the box these days, surplisingly so and the internals are made from better materials and less gunk.

I would just concentrate on using a nice hop rubber (do that first as it may bring down your fps). Then make sure you have a tightbore in and do the spring last and just cut it if needs be, usually 1 coil is 10fps until to get to a certain length where it will become useless.
          Last edited by badas; 9 June, 2011, 00:19.

Comment

TM or Systema hop rubber will do you nicely. And a 1 joule spring or Guarder SP90.

Cylinder head is rather crap on the Dboys. So i'd personally when your in the gearbox change that out for a Guarder cylinder head and Guarder air nozzle.

Comment

If you chop the spring make sure you heat the chopped end and re-ground it, by closing a coil off, id cut one coil, reground it, that should give 340-50, if you need more obviously chop more. In regards to the gearbox check out mechbox.com
              sigpic

Comment

the only awkward part is re-assemblin g and getting the anti reversal latch in

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

F1Toaster Find out more about F1Toaster
                Working...
                X