Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swapping Airsoft goods.

I am about to opt into a swap with another user of this forum,

is there any ways to ensure that this potential customer is legit?
    He/She has no iTrader feedback and is new to the forum and has less than 10 posts.

just looking for some piece of mind here, he seems like a genuine guy in the PMs we have swapped.

Cheers.
    Signature Removed

Re: Swapping Airsoft goods.

Either face to face or ask him to send the item first?

Comment

You could always use paypal in your swap. You put £20 into his account, then he posts, when you receive it, he puts £20 back into your account then you post it out to him

That way your both covered by pal of pay
      sigpic

Comment

the zerone escrow service?

Tbh i wouldnt ask someone to send theres first cause if someone asked me to send my gun first id think that i was getting scammed.

Best to either meet face to face or ring zerone adn ask about the escrow service
        Bust a move.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorlydangerous View Post
          I am about to opt into a swap with another user of this forum,

is there any ways to ensure that this potential customer is legit?
          He/She has no iTrader feedback and is new to the forum and has less than 10 posts.

just looking for some piece of mind here, he seems like a genuine guy in the PMs we have swapped.

Cheers.
          The intarwebz is full of E-vile.

Home phone numbers also tend to help keep someone honest, nothing like badgering someone down the blower to keep them honest.

You could also meet you face to face and go for some afternoon tea with cakes and/or biscuits, this allows you to do something if the conversation starts to stagnate. If you both get on maybe arrange a second meeting at a nice gastro-pub for a beer/wine/whatever and a nice spot of lunch. If you still need more convincing then I can only suggest going to see a chick flick, if said customer will go through all that then he/she is legit.

Comment

This man seems very genuine now, and has given me both work and home address, and offers to post first.

cannot ask for a more gentlemanly swapper. Sounds like he will be a genuine pleasure to do business with..

and if this swap goes through sucessfully, he says he is new to airsoft and would to 'Name and Praise' him, it's this sort of man that we need in Airsoft.
            Signature Removed

Comment

'Name and Praise' him
              and/or just positive itrader feedback?!

Comment

This man seems very genuine now, and has given me both work and home address, and offers to post first.

cannot ask for a more gentlemanly swapper. Sounds like he will be a genuine pleasure to do business with..

and if this swap goes through sucessfully, he says he is new to airsoft and would to 'Name and Praise' him, it's this sort of man that we need in Airsoft.
                BAMF awaits "Need some help here guys!" thread, to be started some time in the near future.
                There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Originally posted by psirus101 View Post
                  You could also meet you face to face and go for some afternoon tea with cakes and/or biscuits, this allows you to do something if the conversation starts to stagnate. If you both get on maybe arrange a second meeting at a nice gastro-pub for a beer/wine/whatever and a nice spot of lunch. If you still need more convincing then I can only suggest going to see a chick flick, if said customer will go through all that then he/she is legit.
                  That's all very well, but who's going to pay, or will they "go Dutch"?
                  Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

Haha, positive iTrader is all well and good.
                    But we all Hate and like to name and shame those who are poor in their sportsmanship of there customer service, why not praise?
                    Signature Removed

Comment

But we all Hate and like to name and shame those who are poor in their sportsmanship of there customer service, why not praise?
                      Funny enough that is what iTrader is for, a way to tell people you had either a good or a bad experience with somebody.

Comment

Holding my hand up now. As the newby on here, I have purchased several items, but alas, completely missed the iTrader system!

So, to correct the error of my ways (well, at least in this respect), I am currently awaiting a raft of iTrader confirmations.

majorlydangerous - thanks for the kind words.

Cheers, Bradders.

Comment

See THIS thread! http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...005#post763005
                          There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

LMFAO!

My afternoon tea/dinner date/chick flick doesn't seem so stupid now does it.
                            Last edited by psirus101; 9 June, 2011, 22:20. Reason: Added stuff.

Comment

That's some jeremy kyle sh*t right there.
                              Signature Removed

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Major just loving airsoft. Find out more about Major
                              Working...
                              X