Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Just installed a tb barrel, + 30fps. Will it come down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just installed a tb barrel, + 30fps. Will it come down?

Hi Guys,

I got my prometheus tb barrel today, installed it, and now my gun has an extra 30fps, i was only hoping for an extra 10 lol.

My gun with a fully charged battery was shooting at average 321fps, after installing the tb barrel the fps has jumped to 350fs.

Im worried now as the sites i tend to go to have a 350fps limit and use different chronos every time, and the readings always vary, id hate to turn up and not be able to use it.

Does anybody know if the fps will come down as i break the barrel in?

Thanks

Re: Just installed a tb barrel, + 30fps. Will it come down?

Unlikely I would say.

Comment

Leave the spring compressed for a little while or even clip the spring.

Comment

sounds as if you've also improved your airseal around the hop.

heat a tiny needle and pierce the base of your air feed nozzle - tends to knock a few fps off
        Originally posted by palmer234
        Swerve talks sense. I like him.
        Originally posted by Robin-Hood
        Swerve does in fact talk sense, I also like him.

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
          Leave the spring compressed for a little while or even clip the spring.
          There was a thread a few days back about compressing the spring for a while will not actually help. The spring cutting on the other hand will.

Comment

Leaving a spring compressed after it has been bedded in will have no effect.

Better to clip a coil off the spring and re ground the end.
            Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Thanks for the info guys.

I have a quick change spring system so I could just buy another spring and save all the hassle. Iv just tried a guarder sp90 and it shoots at around 300fps so i reckon an sp100 should do the trick
              Another thing i was thinking though, would using .25's instead of .2's drop my fps down to around 330?

Thanks

Comment

That is not allowed. Changing weights for the chrono will get you kicked off and banned from site Where do you play? If you have anquick change spring system I would recommend getting it chronoed then just clipping your spring if it's too high. As it probably already has an m100 in. Knock one coilmoff would do the trick

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Comment

Originally posted by perky416 View Post
                  Thanks for the info guys.

I have a quick change spring system so I could just buy another spring and save all the hassle. Iv just tried a guarder sp90 and it shoots at around 300fps so i reckon an sp100 should do the trick
                  Another thing i was thinking though, would using .25's instead of .2's drop my fps down to around 330?

Thanks
                  Also 300 fps is about right tbh. 50fps isn't going to make any difference

Comment

It is much more simple than buying a new spring. Particularly as you have a quick change system.

Take spring out.
                    Snip one coil off the tighter end if its not uniform.
                    Heat that end up over a gas flame untill it glows red.
                    Push the red end down onto a brick or similar surface so you can bend the clipped end to close the gap up again.
                    DO NOT cool it down by quenching it under water. You will make that end very brittle. Just let it cool naturally it wont take long.
                    Re chrono and if neccessary do again.
                    Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

The barrel itself shouldn't wear in, but depending upon the age of the spring it may well bed in some more and drop the fps that way, or, as has been suggested clip the spring a little. Personally speaking I'd put 500 to 1000 rounds through it and check if there is any difference, another thing to consider is your hop unit, as you'll find you will have to readjust it to account for the new barrel, this may very well shed the extra fps you want to be rid of

Comment

Originally posted by ToaDi View Post
                        The barrel itself shouldn't wear in, but depending upon the age of the spring it may well bed in some more and drop the fps that way, or, as has been suggested clip the spring a little. Personally speaking I'd put 500 to 1000 rounds through it and check if there is any difference, another thing to consider is your hop unit, as you'll find you will have to readjust it to account for the new barrel, this may very well shed the extra fps you want to be rid of
                        That's not to say whack your hop up on most of the way, if we see the rounds going sky high we will ask you to adjust.

Don't cheat the chrono it's there to keep you guys safe :-D

Comment

Hi guys,
                          My 416 is firing at around 260fps so I think ill use this spring in that to boost it up a bit and buy another for this gun. A new spring is only about a tenner. If I set it up so it chronos at around 330 with 0.20g's it should still be a decent fps with 0.25's and hopefully have a big enough tolerance for any variance in different chronos being used.

Comment

Originally posted by perky416 View Post
                            Hi guys,
                            My 416 is firing at around 260fps so I think ill use this spring in that to boost it up a bit and buy another for this gun. A new spring is only about a tenner. If I set it up so it chronos at around 330 with 0.20g's it should still be a decent fps with 0.25's and hopefully have a big enough tolerance for any variance in different chronos being used.
                            Was this a question.... seems just like an irrelevant statement from the phrasing/punctuation
                            WTB: TM HI-CAPA 5.1! CASH WAITING! PM ME!

Comment

Originally posted by TB-Stalker View Post
                              Was this a question.... seems just like an irrelevant statement from the phrasing/punctuation
                              lol no it wasnt a question, i was summarising my decision on how im going to sort out the fps. Its rude not to reply when other have kindly given me advice.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

perky416 Find out more about perky416
                              Working...
                              X