Help with my MP5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with my MP5

I bought my G&G PM5/MP5A4, it's less than a year old and I've already taken with me to a game. I think it's time to start upgrading it and I don't want to do anything to dramatic as I'm still fairly new. So I'm considering buying an extended barrel and covering it with a silencer. What kind of barrrel, type, length, make etc would be best? Thanks :D

Re: Help with my MP5

Just an extended barrel is no good; as barrel length means little in the ******* *****. Tightbores do however make a difference. There is no point in getting a 6.01mm tightbore as there isn't much noticeable difference between that and a 6.03mm when playing (in my opinion). You would also need to buy super-high quality BBs with a 6.01, opposed to high quality BBs with a 6.03 (which makes quite a price difference per pack).

I have heard only good things about the Madbull Version 2 tight bores. My understanding is that the Prometheus barrels are the best ones to buy - but more expensive than most others. The Madbull barrels can be picked up for about £30, Prometheus barrels are nearer £50.

As for length, measure your barrel, measure silencer length, and get new barrel close to that size. Simples!

Comment

just dont go over 280 mm, because it causes other issues which would reduce your performance
      VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
      trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

i have a madbull v2 tightbore in my mp5 and it did my gun wonders so much more accurate than before and apart from that upgrade i have just shimmed the gear box and greased it up so it fires nice and smooth.
        Tom

Comment

Thanks for the help guys :D
          Am gonna start looking up some Madbull barrels as I've only heard good things about them.
          Now just need to choose between upgrading externals or internals :L

Comment

I have a vanaras TB barrel in both my mp5 & g36 and have found they are both more accurate and consistant now, any other guns I get (I hope the wife dont read this...) will also get vanaras TB's - I think they are great & reasonable price aswell
            Selling MP5 & M4 Parts & Other Bits :
            http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...414#post958414

Comment

Originally posted by MP5Jesus View Post
              Now just need to choose between upgrading externals or internals :L
              Both?

It's a fact that having a rails on your gun makes you cooler. :D

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

AndThatStuff Part time Airsofter getting back into things. Find out more about AndThatStuff
              Working...
              X