Cyma AKS-74U VS TM Recoil AKS-74U

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyma AKS-74U VS TM Recoil AKS-74U

I know some people will write this off as a dumb question due to the simple fact of one being a high quality manufacturer and one being lesser quality.

BUT, the Cyma comes with real wood parts, it's full metal and magazines aren't exactly hard to find. Also for £170 it's very nice as I borrowed my friends and loved it. I believe they also come with a Guarder TB installed. although correct me if I'm wrong.

The TM one is £435 depending on where you buy and as any electric TM gun it needs a bit of work to improve it which will push it to around the £500 mark and it only takes specific magazines. It also has more mechanics to break with the recoil. To me the recoil isn't the biggest issue for me as I've never used a Mauri recoil rifle.

So is it worth it spending a lot of money on the TM when I get a very nice rifle anyway from the Cyma?

Re: Cyma AKS-74U VS TM Recoil AKS-74U

If you want the recoil system then the answer is yes, if you don't then no, not really.

Comment

one thing to look out for with the cyma range is materials. I lost half my font iron sight at a skirmish once, (damn pot metal) must have hit it against something. Had to replace the entire front end with a tm version...

Comment

I don't know about their ak but I believe that not much will come close to a TM sopmod in terms of range and accuracy

Comment

Originally posted by Thomo View Post
          I don't know about their ak but I believe that not much will come close to a TM sopmod in terms of range and accuracy
          My stock Star L85A2? Certainly got more range...

Anyway, think you answered your own question? If you fancy the recoil, go for the TM. Alternatively, to have something similar, you could look into CYMA's blowback range - of which are all better quality than there previous AK's.

They don't come with Guarder Tight Bores as standard, but I know that CYMA have upped their game a lot and generally have decent barrels out of the box. Think they measure at 6.05mm, which isn't bad considering PDI will do one in the same size.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Nothing has ever fired as well as my TM AKS74U Recoil. Biggest (airsoft related) mistake I've ever made selling it. They're more than worth the money.
            AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

How's the kick on the AK-blah-U? Seeing as it doesn't have a stock tube with weights inside it.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

There isn't any
                Last edited by Thomo; 12 June, 2011, 15:08. Reason: Typo

Comment

Or did u mean the TM one? In which case there is
                  D'oh

Comment

im also looking at getting a TM AK recoil at some point however more the full stock stuff like the AK102, AK74NM

i fired the NM at GZ U and creamed my pants in excitement.

Comment

they are pretty nice worked on a couple the other week, v1 recoil system so the weights above the gearbox. the hop units good but it wont accept te firefly nubs. i liked it, theres a vid on my signature.

as always theres different levels to sports and peoples commitment to them, like my golf clubs cost the best part of 700 quid... yet i can hit a ball with a club out of the bargin bin perfctly fine..

you spend what you can afford and based on how much you like airsoft, theres no right or wrong only your personal choice and how many days left till you get paid.

Comment

if your willing to spend that amount of money on the tm recoil, then you should consider the Real Sword type 56 and just get a different stock. theres no recoil but its a fantastic gun

Comment

Thanks everyone for the replies and I'm still not sure what I want but this thread certainly helped. I will have enough money to spend on the TM in a month so that isn't an issue and the recoil certainly isn't a deciding factor but I think the really wood certainly is.

I have now extended my choices to the Real Sword type 56-1.

Comment

If you want quality then, the T-56 is the one you want, without question.

Comment

In my eyes, CYMA can do no wrong. Ive owned plenty of their AK's and they have all been excellent.

I love my CYMA AKS-74u, very very reasonably priced for such a pretty gun, which also performs very admirably.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

The Collector Find out more about The Collector
                              Working...
                              X