Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• battery advice

hi all just a quick question

ive got 3 8.4v 1500mah for my JG G36C does it damage the battery if i only use it and charge it up if its not dead? ie if i use it in a game and charge it up after the game even if theres a charge in it still or should i use it till its flat then charge it?

Re: battery advice

Its aways best to discharge the battery it can damage it if you leave it charge over long periods of time. does your charger discharge before it re-charge the battery?

Comment

My local site has been recharging semi charged battery's since they started 4 years ago, and theres still quite a few battery's still going strong all from hire guns.

Originally posted by Metalbody
      pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

As long as you fully discharge it once every month or so, there's no need to do it before every charge. It will actually shorten the life of your battery if you fully cycle it every time.

Comment

I was under the impression it was on Nicd batteries that needed discharging to keep their life and Nihm batteries were fine to just keep charging.

Comment

Originally posted by BringOnThunder View Post
            I was under the impression it was on Nicd batteries that needed discharging to keep their life and Nihm batteries were fine to just keep charging.
            true
            sigpic

Comment

This must have been done a million and one times, but here we go, basic rules for NiMH batteries:

- "Topping up" batteries is a good idea and won't do them any harm - they don't suffer from the same "memory effect" as NiCD sometimes do.

- Do a full discharge roughly one a month

- Discharging every time and doing a full charge is bad for the battery as NiMH are usually rated on cycles - the more you fully cycle it the quicker it'll need replacing

There's a massive amount of debate over all this and if you google it you'll find reams and reams of science backing up both arguments but I've been following those simple rules for years and its always worked just fine.

Comment

[QUOTE=dfrear;766556]This must have been done a million and one times, but here we go

it might well have been done 100 times b4 but! really would you troll 100's if not 1000's of threads to find the 1 about charging battery's. i for 1 wouldn't and might not be using this forum in the right way because of it, but thanks to the OP and all you vet's of the game yet again i learn something new cheers all.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sav2011 Find out more about sav2011
                Working...
                X