Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M4 Spec advice

Hello again

I have successfully managed to put a new Guarder sp90 spring, Systema hop up + rubber and already a TB in my Dboys M4 CQB so thanks for all the help on the last thread. Now that it's useable at my local, i'm of course wanting to 'bling' up the weapon.

I want to put an Eotech on it, and am unsure on what i want to go for. Firstly should i wait and buy a Genuine Eotech second hand? Are the benefits worth the wait and money? Secondly, i'm stumped on what to go for. I'm mainly doing CQB but will, as i get more time to do so, venture into bigger more outdoors venues. So i think either a 552 or 556 would suit me best. I know the 6 has buttons on the side but is this really going to matter too much? I doubt i'd ever fit a magnifying scope on it to be fair. If i started needing the range i'd most likely just buy an Acog. Also are the G&P clones half decent? Must be better than the Fleabay ones.

Also, next one is silencer. I have one that came with the gun (which aint fantastic) and is CW thread when my barrel is CCW. So i've had to use an adapter which sucks. Adds an extra inch to the end of the gun which makes a difference to me. Just looks a bit naff and i don't overly like the silencer anyway. So i'll be buying the correct threaded silencer obviously and am very tempted by the G&P M4 QD Silencer. Any other ideas or do you guys reckon thats a pretty safe bet.

Finally the grip. The one that came with and is currently on the gun just simply looks crap and isn't the most comfy in the world. It's real cheap looking and feeling! I love Magpul as a brand but not a fan of the stubby grips unfortunately. So normal sized grip as i should have on the way fairly soon a Tac light, which i'll be running a pressure switch with of course. Gone for a Olight M20 Warrior

Thanks a lot in advance guys

Re: M4 Spec advice

OK then. I own a real EOTech 552, but even second hand you'll be paying a BIG sum. So really its up to you, pay out £60 for a clone or £400 odd for the real thing ( mine was £430 ). The silencer I can't really help you on, but I will be shopping for one to go on my M4 in the near future. The grip, I would get the Guarder MOD II tactical grip - 2008. Thats the grip that I use on my M4, and there is pressure pad slots on both sides. Hope I have been of some help

The one and only, Hawk
    Originally posted by Tiercel
    The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

I use an Element silencer on my M4.

It's 190x30 mm, but you can get a slightly bigger one. The best thing about them is that one end is threaded for 14mm c/w and the other is threaded for 14mm cc/w, so it can go on pretty much any rifle. :D

I have no experience with the G&P that you mentioned.

Comment

I have a G&P eotech 552 clone and it's fine. I went with the 552 as I could never find the batts for a 551 and everywhere sells AA batts for a 552.

It's all metal housing on it and adjustable. There are red and green halo's and different levels of intensity. Mine suffers from a very very slight ghosting but you only notice it when you look at the reticule. When playing I never notice it as I look through the sight not at the sight.

Also If you fancy the G&P red laser housing will fit straight onto it.

I have seen some where the front glass has been shot out and this is the reason I Won't spend silly money on any sight when a £30-£50 clone is great value for money and does the same job.

Comment

Yea I was thinking I'll just get a g&p for now. They looknmore than good enoughfor me! Good shout on the guarder grip! Absolutely perfect. Can't find a black one though lol. Maybe have to just get tan and spray it

Cheers guys

Comment

I managed to find a black one else where, hate it when you find what you're looking for and you see the dreaded *out of stock*
            Originally posted by Tiercel
            The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

F1Toaster Find out more about F1Toaster
            Working...
            X