TM AK Recoil - How to make it unique?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM AK Recoil - How to make it unique?

Hi all. As above. I have an AK74MN of the TM recoil variety, but I want to make it look a bit different from the rest. What you guys think? Bit of wear? Maybe spraying the stock, handguard and pistol grip OD? Or am I able to do more extreme stuff without modding?

Re: TM AK Recoil - How to make it unique?

Take a peek in the Russian section in here, there are some lovelly looking guns in there. Particularly some of the weathered ones.
    Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

You can shove a few hand-guards on it, although many will need alot modding to work. but as for a stock, as i'm aware there is nothing that can be done, besides painting. there are no compatible stocks or 'converters' around at the moment.

personally i hate painted guns, even if its just a flat colour on the handguards/ect lol.

ultimately theres not much you can do with them really without going down the whole RAS/RIS and accessory route... i'd love to get a wood kit for my 74MN but theres no point without being able to replace the stock

the day some company starts making aftermarket parts for the EBB AK series will be the day i can finally say i can die happy... i do love my 74MN so. :P

Comment

Cheers very much mate. You reckon scope mounts, weathering and sprayjobs is the furthest I can go with this? Im just aware of compatibility issues. Ideally Id like to stick a wood kit on it, or even better, turn it into an RPK!

Comment

Originally posted by dxnib1 View Post
          You can shove a few hand-guards on it, although many will need alot modding to work. but as for a stock, as i'm aware there is nothing that can be done, besides painting. there are no compatible stocks or 'converters' around at the moment.

personally i hate painted guns, even if its just a flat colour on the handguards/ect lol.

ultimately theres not much you can do with them really without going down the whole RAS/RIS and accessory route... i'd love to get a wood kit for my 74MN but theres no point without being able to replace the stock

the day some company starts making aftermarket parts for the EBB AK series will be the day i can finally say i can die happy... i do love my 74MN so. :P
          Cheers to you mate also.

Are RIS kits compatible with the EBB AKs then? I know not everyone are fans of them, and I prefer a wood kit, but I just want to make it different!

Comment

G&P (if i remember correctly) make an RIS handguard set (also includes a tactical AK pistol grip) for the 74MN which comes in TAN/black and OD hard to find and VERY pricey. RRP when i got mine was £74 without postage for some... to be frank crap feeling plastic, but they work. i suppose.

most everything else I've encountered needs some heavy modding to work. as for full wood kits. i'd absolutely adore one on mine lol. the handguards can be sorted with some creativity but the stocks just arnt compatible.

weathering is a good idea. i'd love to get some weathering done to my 74MN but alas i suck massively when i do things like it. lol

Comment

OK cheers mate. What about the King Arms AK Tactical conversion kit? Any experience with that? I can get it from z1 in tan, od or black for 50 quid(pistol grip and handguard).

Comment

Couldnt tell you in all honesty. it was so long ago when i got my RIS kit that i've forgotten the make. the handguards and pistol grip look the same but when i got mine it never came with a stock so i dont think its king-arms.

if its any help at all, i'd suggest finding some ACM handguards from a cheap place somewhere and seeing what fits and what doesnt. i know after afew diffrent styles and shapes my 74 is particular about certain sizes. plus theres the issues with the gas tube (?) screwing into the upper-handguard. most AK hadguards i've come across dont have anything for the handguard to screw into if that makes sense.

Comment

Hmm ok. The King Arms ones can be bought without the stock though. Does it happen to look like this?

Its 40 quid...I may just take the plunge and try to file it down if needed.

Comment

Looks exactly the same as mine but in tan, (i bought black)

Comment

Originally posted by dxnib1 View Post
                      Looks exactly the same as mine but in tan, (i bought black)
                      Great! They dont stock black unfortunately . But I think Ill get that then. Cheers mate.

Comment

Ares GP30...that would fit fine on a TM Recoil AK I assume?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Kang Not much to say. My life is work, airsoft and TV! :P Find out more about Kang
                        Working...
                        X