Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magazine Question

Hi everyone.

I had posted about this yesterday, but it seemed to have vanished. My apologies if this is in the wrong section (and perhaps my previous thread was deleted as a result) but I was more after advise rather than details on a specific problem.

I have midcap M4 magazines and two types of BBs. One is white .25g, the other green .2g. I've noticed that the white .25g rounds seem to get wedged in the magazine side by side and need a poke with a screwdriver to reposition and enable the spring to feed the rounds up properly. The .2g rounds are fine. They don't jam up and feed nicely from start to finish.

Is it possible that there is a different finish to the rounds which makes them slippier or less prone to jamming up or something, or have I possibly got temperamental magazines, in which case I need to do some troubleshooting?

Re: Magazine Question

We need brands to make judgement really if they are different brands bb's then that could be your problem. I doubt it will be the magazine if they feed the .2's fine. In the end you might just have a dodgy bag of bb's as well there are lemon batches now and then.

Comment

They are different brands, but I left the brands out this time on purpose. Last time I mentioned them the thread vanished. :/

Comment

Mentioning what brand they are isnt against the rules, its mentioning retailers that is, no one can help without further information.
        And the post might have been moved to tech section or was in the wrong place, its a very grey area this post and does verge on a tech question.
        section 24 of the 1968 Act
        Supplying imitation firearms to minors
        1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
        2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

I am pretty sure the only Retailer that sells their own brand BB's is Zero which you are allowed to mention . Daft question but are the .25's a sort of pale blue? I only ask as I was sold some ".25" bb's. I had my suspicions that they were being sold by a different retailer as .2's but I thought I would try them as well why would they sell them as the wrong weight? Nope, .2's and they would not run in anything :/ even my speed loaders didn't like them.

Comment

It may well have been one of the threads that I deleted:

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=114022

The wording of this one is difficult to decide on, so I'll leave it here for now.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rockinrobin View Post

The wording of this one is difficult to decide on, so I'll leave it here for now.
              Thats what I thought, hence I never reported, its a very grey area.
              section 24 of the 1968 Act
              Supplying imitation firearms to minors
              1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
              2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by rockinrobin View Post

Thanks for clearing that up, and thanks for leaving it here for now. I know its a bit of an awkward one, which is why I wasn't quite sure where to put it. I figured I'd have a better shot at an answer here rather than the tech forums!

The BBs in question were Zero One's own white .25g and G&G .2g biodegradable ones.

Since it was the Zero One BBs that look to be jamming I wasn't sure whether thats why the thread vanished.

Comment

Originally posted by BringOnThunder View Post
                  I am pretty sure the only Retailer that sells their own brand BB's is Zero which you are allowed to mention . Daft question but are the .25's a sort of pale blue? I only ask as I was sold some ".25" bb's. I had my suspicions that they were being sold by a different retailer as .2's but I thought I would try them as well why would they sell them as the wrong weight? Nope, .2's and they would not run in anything :/ even my speed loaders didn't like them.
                  They're definitely white, but my speedloader does seem to struggle with them as well.

If it is possible to get iffy BBs then that satisfies my question, as that must be the problem. It must be something with the finish on them which makes them a little grippier. It's not like .05g is going to make much difference and they are all the same shape and size.

Comment

I know I've had issues with midcaps and BBs sticking. I think it has to do with different sizes. The retailer I got them from lists Bios with 2 different sizes - 5.92mm and 5.95mm. The 5.92s jammed, the 5.95s don't. It's a very small difference, but apparently enough to cause a problem.

Comment

There is your problem, I know a lot of people who have had problems with Zero BB's they work in some things just not everything.

Comment

Are they bio's? have they got wet/damp?

Originally posted by Metalbody
                        pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

Originally posted by BringOnThunder View Post
                          There is your problem, I know a lot of people who have had problems with Zero BB's they work in some things just not everything.
                          That would seem to be it then. Oh well. You live and learn!

Originally posted by private parts View Post
                          Are they bio's? have they got wet/damp?
                          They're not biodegradable, and they're stored in a sealed bottle in my room until I need them.

I guess I'll hang on to them for now. I'm going to be looking at getting an M203 for this M4 eventually, so they can go into the shells. If they don't work there I'll just throw them, ninja star style.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Apathy Find out more about Apathy
                          Working...
                          X