Systema gearbox help??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Systema gearbox help??

"blokewithascar" are you sure they do a g&p box for a g3? iv found loads of v2 but only for m4/m16 guns? Any ideas on where to go?

thanks

Comment

Yeah Midas, thats too true,some of the people on there are here as well...what i was talking about was some dedicated threads to high end mechanics, which we dont really have here with designers and builders of related products for example SC gears...which are almost unbreakable...and for all your electrical needs SW computers making mosfets n protector boards etc
      VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
      trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Should your gun type read PSG1? If so it is a V4 gear box.
        Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Originally posted by sparrowhawk View Post
          Yeah Midas, thats too true,some of the people on there are here as well...what i was talking about was some dedicated threads to high end mechanics, which we dont really have here with designers and builders of related products for example SC gears...which are almost unbreakable...and for all your electrical needs SW computers making mosfets n protector boards etc
          That is very true. For gears anyway, we do have a few people copying open source fets though.

But then Modify have copied Riots dsg. Not sure how good they will be, may have to get a set sometime and see.
          Gun tech.

Comment

i believe Riots gears to be of a much higher quality than modify...simply because its been finished to a higher standard with its final treatment

Comment

I disagree with some of the comments about the Systema Boxes - Ive had mine for over 3 Years and it had never faulted, hasnt lost a single FPS and never broke jammed or damaged anything, for the amount of rounds and time spent using it was totally worth it.

My opininon 10 outta 10 for them

Comment

Originally posted by nyal View Post
                "blokewithascar" are you sure they do a g&p box for a g3? iv found loads of v2 but only for m4/m16 guns? Any ideas on where to go?

thanks
                No they don't. It will be for an M4 what you do is transfer the G3 specific parts from your existing gearbox or buy new ones. You will need to change the Selector plate the nozzle and the trigger blade. If you do not want to re-wire the gun then swap out the trigger block and wiring as well. Everything else will be the same.

Comment

You Sir are one of the lucky ones. I wouldn't buy one as I say every time. I can build better.
                  Gun tech.

Comment

Originally posted by midas View Post
                    You Sir are one of the lucky ones. I wouldn't buy one as I say every time. I can build better.
                    They cant be that bad as they sell like hot cakes and im sure certain companies (popular ones at that) wouldnt sell them...

Comment

Originally posted by blytm View Post
                      They cant be that bad as they sell like hot cakes and im sure certain companies (popular ones at that) wouldnt sell them...
                      they really are .poor shimming and aoe , no sorbo pads , their pistons are rubish and the gb case are just as weak as a stanard tm.... your just paying for the brand name , its like getting a bmw m3 they are fast but your paying for the brand when you could get japanese car eg nissan skyline which is cheaper and faster as nissens brand name isent worth as much .

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SAS Scott View Post
                        gb case are just as weak as a stanard tm....
                        Utterly wrong the casing is so much better! my original tm front end came off and was firing with less fps than this one as did my TM MP5, and the weeker points are more reinforced aswell. I refer back to my first post had no problems at all and Id estimate what 45000 rounds + have gone through it thats money well spent and its still going strong now...

Comment

"blokewithascar" thanks for all the help, that offer to mod my selector plate is very kind of you and will more than defently take you up on that offer , do you have any ideas of the fps those g&p gear boxes put out? Just looked on the web and all I see is 90% power, don't have clue what power that is?? I also have a tb so have got to be really careful I don't push the fps over 400

thanks

Comment

The thing is the back is were you dont need the strengh (unless you have stupidly high fps) you need it ay the front.TBH your quite lucky as the one I had split in two after one winters worth of gaming.

Comment

are we talking about drop in gearboxes or self build ones...because i was thinking maybe systema have less tolorences,whereby any mistakes inself assembly,ie poor aoe or less than perfect shimming will result in a quicker fail compare to other brands

Comment

The new G&P gearbox I was working on last week was pushing just over 400fps and there are things you can do to bump it up a little or drop it slightly. Pound for Pound considering what you want to do this is probably the ideal set up for you. The power rating will vary from gearbox to gearbox and unfortunately until you get the gearbox in the gun and marry it to your hop and barrel you wont know what the true power level will be.

As with any set-up until you put BB's through it it's all theory, All be it from experience. I can only say that this setup will be close to what you want then it's just a case of tweaking things.

You have a PM.

Phil...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

nyal Find out more about nyal
                                Working...
                                X