Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM g18 battery trouble?

Hi guys,

I have just sold my tm g18c on this forum, the battery I sold it with it which was on its last legs when I sent it to him (which was described in the sale), but would fire the gun. The guy received it and says that after charging it he could not get the gun to work and that when he tries to fire it makes a sound like it’s trying to fire, but won’t. He also describes it making a burning smell when he tried to fire it.

I tested the battery before I sent it and whilst it was not great it would still fire. I guess it is possible that the battery now cannot hold enough charge to even fire the gun at all? Unfortunately he doesn't have any other pistol batteries to test it with to even check the gun is working.

Any thoughts or any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks Nick
    For sale:

-Splitting M4
    -MP5 Parts
    -MP7a1
    -M9 Magazine

Re: TM g18 battery trouble?

Did you tell him the battery was on its last legs? If so he can't really complain, if not well you should probably should have told him the battery was sh***ed.
    Originally posted by tackle
    For the haters who feel that bamf, & others, are picking on you, GROW THE FUCK UP, their actually trying to stop you destroying our sport or having even more draconian measures foisted upon us.

Comment

I'm more trying to work out if these symptoms are for a knackered battery rather than something actually wrong with the gun itself. The battrey was definately on the way out but it would still fire it when it left me, and that's how I described it.
      For sale:

-Splitting M4
      -MP5 Parts
      -MP7a1
      -M9 Magazine

Comment

The symptome you via hima re describing sounds more like a battery that's not holding charge, BUT the smell of smoke is worrying, has he played about at all as that sounds kind of like something shorting.
        For the haters who feel that bamf, & others, are picking on you, GROW THE FUCK UP, their actually trying to stop you destroying our sport or having even more draconian measures foisted upon us.

Comment

Burning smell doesnt sound good to me
          Check Out My Sales;
          http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...rs-and-adaptor
          http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Impulse-buys

Comment

Burning smell makes me think heating wires and smoking insulation and therefore something shorting.

Comment

They do tend to heat up and smell when you try to fire them with a naff battery,you will also find that the wires will get very hot,I would tell him to stop before he does any damage...
              The battery is not strong enough to fire the gun but it tries,all the trying heats up the wires and the battery....

Comment

ok i have alrady told him to do this but what could have gone wrong because of this? and how expensive/easy would this be to fix.
                For sale:

-Splitting M4
                -MP5 Parts
                -MP7a1
                -M9 Magazine

Comment

new batterys are about £20 http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=4191

Comment

Originally posted by wilko129 View Post
                    ok i have alrady told him to do this but what could have gone wrong because of this? and how expensive/easy would this be to fix.
                    Anybody with a bit of savvy would stop trying if it started smoking or smelling strange..wiring insulation would melt eventually,smoke,etc,etc..chances are he's stopped and it'll be ok..I've done it and got away with it...
                    As X-ray says the only available batteries are @ £20 each,but they are of good quality and 500 MaH...
                    Last edited by snuff; 18 June, 2011, 21:49. Reason: sp3lling

Comment

ok thanks guys it was more a question just about the internals of the gun rather than the battery. So if the wires did get fried then how easy and expensive would they be to replace.
                      For sale:

-Splitting M4
                      -MP5 Parts
                      -MP7a1
                      -M9 Magazine

Comment

Originally posted by wilko129 View Post
                        ok thanks guys it was more a question just about the internals of the gun rather than the battery. So if the wires did get fried then how easy and expensive would they be to replace.
                        The internals won't be naffed unless he's stoopid enough to continue holding in the trigger as it heats up.
                        Not worth repairing TBH,they're sub~£70 new.

Comment

Originally posted by snuff View Post
                          The internals won't be naffed unless he's stoopid enough to continue holding in the trigger as it heats up.
                          Not worth repairing TBH,they're sub~£70 new.
                          ok thanks guys
                          For sale:

-Splitting M4
                          -MP5 Parts
                          -MP7a1
                          -M9 Magazine

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

wilko129 Find out more about wilko129
                          Working...
                          X