Tanaka M700 or KJW M700 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tanaka M700 or KJW M700 ?

I wanna buy some M700 rifle but cant decide which one. Tanaka M700 or KJW M700 and if I decide to buy KJW M700 whats difference between Police version and takedown version beside barrel length ?

Other thing I would like to know is: if most of the tanaka M700 parts are compatible with KJW M700 then why KJW M700 have 2 time more FPS than Tanaka ? Which parts make it so different in FPS ? Also can I upgrade Tanaka M700 parts and make it same powerfull (FPS) like KJW700 ? and if yes then which parts should I change ?

Im newbie in GBB weapons guys so excuse if I ask stupid quastions but I really don't want to buy one and then regret that I bought it.

Re: Tanaka M700 or KJW M700 ?

Tanaka is based in Japan, and they have strict 1 joule FPS limits over there. That is why the FPS on the ones you are looking at, which by the looks of things, are not the export version, which have higher FPS. You can buy an export nozzle I think, which you replace the existing one one the bolt, and can then use at a higher fps.

Also, the KJW m700 is a clone of the Tanaka series, and is therefore more incosistant, and less accurate.

However, you can upgrade both rifles. For the Tanaka, it is best to get the VSR conversion kit which allows it to use VSR barrels and Hop up rubbers. This will make it much more accurate.

The KJW is compatible with Tanaka parts, aside from the hop up and barrel, which I believe take VSR barrels and hop up rubbers. However, it's probably best to confirm that with someone who owns one of these guns and has tried it. Another option is buying a KJW tightbore, or a Edgi one. The price difference is a fair bit, but you can decide if it's worth it.

If I were you, I'd stick to spring sniper rifles. Preferbly the TM VSR. Very upgradable, and very consistant and accurate, even when not upgraded. Also very easy to fix if something goes wrong.

Comment

The KJW uses a VSR hop rubber but not barrel. The only ones that fit without modding are the KJW 6.04 and the Edgi 6.01.

The Tanaka will be far more consistent in stock form. But still not very skirmishable.

Comment

Originally posted by hunter101 View Post
        The KJW uses a VSR hop rubber but not barrel. The only ones that fit without modding are the KJW 6.04 and the Edgi 6.01.
        Ah my mistake, still a decent VSR hop rubber will affect the accuracy in some way. But a new barrel is probably a good idea too.

Comment

well if your looking 4 a accurate sniper your best bet is as said above go 4 a tm vsr10 then upgrade it and you can get easy accurate shots up to around 100m. parts are easy to find and install and mags are cheap. i also own own a tanaka m24 which is the same except the stock as m700.the only way to get these accurate is to get a kingsarms pax kit to use vsr hop rubbers and barrels and put a pdi or edgi barrel in.6.01 if possible. but mags and parts arent that easy to get. like ive just finally managed to get 3 long mags and 3 power packs 4 them. the mags are 70each and power packs 45 each. now that is a joke right?! but i do have the pcs bolt 4 it so mine will do anything between 200 to 700fps and pretty consisent now. the kjw ones are just copys so not as good! hope this helps

Comment

If im going for spring sniper i like more Maruzen APS2 , what do u think guys ? Is it easy upgadable ?

Comment

+1 on the VSR10, but it may cost a bit in upgrades...
              sigpic

The Proud Owner Of A New G&P US Navy MK23 LMG (Stoner 63)!

Comment

what about Maruzen APS2 is it good rifle ?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tamernator Find out more about tamernator
                Working...
                X