Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downgrading a RIF

Hi,

Yesterday at Urban Assault my HK416 chrono'd at between 350 and 344 and the site limit is 345, so i need to drop about 10 fps off of my gun to squeze through, what would you guys suggest be the best was to do this? I presumes clip the spring but if there is any other ways that are easier please let me know.

I installed a promy TB and systema hop which took me from 320 upto where i am now, fortunatly i had my new mp7 with me so i just played the day with that.

Thanks for any advice guys.

Re: Downgrading a RIF

the cheapest way would be to clip the spring as you said or you could buy a new spring

Comment

Lazy way. Get a muzzle adapter. I can't remember the excat name of it, but you can get a muzzle adapter that lowers the FPS of your AEG, it simply screws on like a flash-hider.

Though, I'd invest in a Guarder SP90 or SP100 spring and install that instead of going and clipping your current spring to pieces.
      sigpic
      http://Teddypotts.DeviantART.com

Comment

Some sites don't allow those muzzle adaptors since they're not very consistent.

Rather than clipping a spring to just shave through, I'd get an M90 (or a 1j spring) which ought to give you about 300-320fps.
        The 20-30fps difference is not going to make any noticeable difference in range and will ensure you can use your gun anywhere.

Comment

And the velocity reducers fail big time - not even working on F/A in most cases.

I'm surprised nobody has asked how old the gun (or spring) is? Is the 416 relatively new?

Truth of the matter, is if it is, then the gun will settle to around 330 anyway!

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

End of the day, its not all about fps, you get yourself a decent precision barrel and hop-up and a 300fps aeg will have a nice distance on it
            One Shot, One Kill baby!

Comment

Originally posted by beej85 View Post
              End of the day, its not all about fps, you get yourself a decent precision barrel and hop-up and a 300fps aeg will have a nice distance on it
              I did say in my original post that i've put a promy tightbore barrel and a systema hop up in it.

The 416 is coming up about 2 months old now, was skirmished 4 times before I upgraded the barrel and hop.

Comment

Spring should be bedded, Clipping the spring or getting a new spring would be your best bet.

Comment

Springs aren't uniform, clipping them can cause them not to work properly, or get weird inconsistent FPS. Best bet is just to get a new spring, they aren't too dear.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Mole. Find out more about Mole.
                  Working...
                  X