Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zero One BB's

Hi guys,
    Basically, I want to pick up some BB's before my next game and the obvious choice is Z1 BB's seeing as you get 5000 for £6.95 but i've heard that a lot of people have had bad experiences with them. Would you recommend me spending £7.95 on 3700 Excel BB's or £6.95 on 5000 Z1 BB's? Just for reference they will be used in an Umarex G36c and Marui 5-7
    Cheers
    TM SCAR-H Recoil // TM MK18 Recoil // VFC HK417 // KWA Kriss Vector // ASG AW.338 //
    TM Glock 18c // TM Five-SeveN // VFC FNX.45 Tactical // KWA USP.45 Tactical //

Re: Zero One BB's

Excels.

Every, single, time.
    There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

And your reasoning?
      Sorry to be a pain :P
      TM SCAR-H Recoil // TM MK18 Recoil // VFC HK417 // KWA Kriss Vector // ASG AW.338 //
      TM Glock 18c // TM Five-SeveN // VFC FNX.45 Tactical // KWA USP.45 Tactical //

Comment

z1 bbs are fine, of course excels are better, and BTW z1 bbs are 9.95 not 6
        sigpic

Comment

Zeroone bb's can occasionally (and I mean occasionally*) resemble small mis-shapen globules of crap. It is common opinion (and this may well get deleted), that their bb's are somewhat oversized, to make a standard barrel perform like a TB.

They aren't called "Excels" for nothing, as they excel at what they do.

*: I don't, I mean a lot!
          There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

I've used a bag of Z1 0.2's and a bag of 0.25's with no problems. They fed very well in my marui but I haven't tryed excels so can't compare.

Comment

I wouldn't use Z1 bb's if they were free. They are that bad in my opinion. They are very picky about what gun's they like to feed in. I have to +1 BAMF on this one. I've been using Excel's for the last 2 years. And they are great. I find Blasters also to be of great quality and a very good price. But i'm pretty sure Z1 don't sell those. So can't say anymore about them

Comment

Excels tend to be better quality, and a more uniformal size. Z1 bb's are ok, but a couple per bag will be deformed and stick somewhere. I've had a fair few z1's shatter on impact with solid stuff too.
                'Smurf's Tours of Duty

ATR Winchester, 2 Regt AAC, 654 Sqn 4 Regt AAC, Cmd Tp, 4 Regt AAC, 216 Parachute Signals Sqn, HQ 16 Air Assualt Brigade, 668 (trg) Sqn AAC, 5 Regt (NI) AAC, JHF(NI) Operations, FSW Ops Sqn

Currently 1 (UK) Civ Div

Comment

i have used both and saw no probs with either

Comment

I've had z1 .2 and have a bag of .25g I use for plinking/testing (just because they're cheap).

I would never skirmish with either.

I'm sure they're fine for those who go through thousands of rounds a day and need cheap ammo, and fire 100+ rds a burst - unless a BB jams they aren't realistically going to notice the difference.

There are so many mishapen/malformed/useless BBs in the bags you realistically cannot rely on them to shoot where you want them to go. I hand load my gas mags and regularly have to chuck a few away each load, and that's only the ones I can see are malformed. If you're filling with a speedloader or using a hicap you have no chance of filtering out the crap ones.

They're cheap for a reason. Avoid.

Comment

I've had z1 .2 and have a bag of .25g I use for plinking/testing (just because they're cheap).

I would never skirmish with either.

I'm sure they're fine for those who go through thousands of rounds a day and need cheap ammo, and fire 100+ rds a burst - unless a BB jams they aren't realistically going to notice the difference.

There are so many mishapen/malformed/useless BBs in the bags you realistically cannot rely on them to shoot where you want them to go. I hand load my gas mags and regularly have to chuck a few away each load, and that's only the ones I can see are malformed. If you're filling with a speedloader or using a hicap you have no chance of filtering out the crap ones.

They're cheap for a reason. Avoid.

Comment

I've had feeding problems with Zero One .25g with both my three speedloaders and four M4 mid-cap magazines. They seem to jam the magazines and the speedloader has a job feeding them into the plunger section. Strangely, they seem to smell a little too...

I can't speak for the other brand named in this thread, but I'd be cautious about using the Zero One BBs. Unjamming magazines is a pain.

Comment

I use excels for the reasons mentioned by bamf!

Comment

Excels for me too, never ever had a problem with them so why fix something that isn't broken

Comment

Originally posted by JOE90 View Post
                              z1 bbs are fine, of course excels are better, and BTW z1 bbs are 9.95 not 6
                              http://http://www.zerooneairsoft.com...oducts_id=5047
                              Iam pretty sure that it says £6.95

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

-Archer- Proud member of 'Black Arrow' If you'd like to contact me with more ease than PM's, Email me at [email protected] :) Find out more about -Archer-
                              Working...
                              X