Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Madbull delta ring modificatin kit and ICS M4

hi all,
    Im looking to get a free float ris system, i have been offered a g&p 9'' free floating ris,
    But i am aware that ics are non compatiable with most after market parts. So i was doing some research into it and i found a tool that will re thread the upper receiver, its called Madbull delta ring modificatin tool.
    Will anyone advise this to fit the ris?
    Or do you think the ris will fit straight on?

Many thanks
    Wookie

Re: Madbull delta ring modificatin kit and ICS M4

as far as i can remember, its only stuff going onto a G&P body that ever seems to have issues with regards to threads.

should fit straight on though in my opinion without the need to redo the thread on the body, as only G&P use a different type thread. Ive taken stuff off a G&P body and put on a standard body like CA/King Arms Etc, which use the same size thread as ics as far as i can remember
    sigpic

Comment

Have a look here buddy, should give you a fair bit of insight into ICS compatibility
      http://zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=105273

Comment

I have a Madbull Delta ring thread cutter doofer and an ICS M4. Said M4 has now been modified by moi to take a Magpul front grip.

It depends on the cost of the RIS and how much you want it.

The ICS M4 I have is fairly old and the overall length from delta ring thread to the front sight unit isn't the same as real steel - or apparently, every other airsoft manufacturer. To rethread the delta ring I had to file down the receiver behind the existing thread for about 3mm length and a depth of a millimetre or so. Not difficult but very time consuming and significant levels of patience required. Then I had to the thread the receiver delta ring.

For this I bought the Madbul kit and all I can say is that it looks very nice but compared to other dies I've used it didn't work very well. I'd advise you find a real steel delta ring thread cutter from across the pond - should cost about the same. Can't vouch for the ease of use but it cannot be any worse than the Madbul one.

Course if you buy the RIS and it drops straight on... bonus. Go buy a lottery ticket right there and then,
        Growing old is mandatory
        Growing up is optional...

The tinkering tale of an airsoft addict, wargamer and book fanatic at http://ocdairsoft.blogspot.com/
        It even gets updated occasionally... Quite recently even!

Comment

It's a bit hit and miss, but G&P delta rings went on my two ICS M4s without any modification. I'd say buy the RIS and try it. Then as above, look at rethreading if it won't fit!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

wookie Find out more about wookie
          Working...
          X