Advice on MP7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on MP7

I was thinking of getting a MP7 for CQB, but wondered what the best one was? The Tokio Marui seams the most appealing, though I'd like to get a GBB.
    Originally posted by Tiercel
    The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Re: Advice on MP7

The TM can be good but needs some work to get it there. The KWA GBB one is considered by many to be the best GBB rif on the market atm. Just needs an NPAS to bring the fps down a bit.

Comment

Isn't the ksc Taiwan meant to be better than the kwa? Again after the npas?

As far as I know ranking is (Lowest quality at top)

Ksc Japan (not built for green gas etc)
      Kwa
      Ksc Taiwan (built for green and reahimg over 400 on it without npas)
      KSC MP7A1 (Tw)
      mix'n'match M4
      Maruzen P99

Comment

I am almost positive the taiwan ksc is the same as the kwa but with markings. Their pistols etc all seem to be exactly the same except for the markings
        TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

i've had both the TM MP7 & a KSC (GBB)....

TM version was very good, but felt a bit puny, as it's basically an AEP

KSC even better, but for me the cost of mags was going to be an issue - £40ish a pop for max 40rds

sold the TM to get the KSC, but ended up selling that too

either way tho, the MP7 is a brilliant gun for CQB
          h e y d r i c h
          L T F S

tm ngrs scar l | tm ngrs ak102 | g&g arp556 | g&g arp9 | tm spas12 | we xdm | well mp7

Comment

The TM MP7 is good but I would strongly reccommend doing the battery mod as the AEP styled batterys are highly annoying (You get about 4 mags before it runs out) Im personally going to get a KSC GBB version but thats as Im going to use it as a secondary weapon for CQB.

Really it comes down to whether you want gas or electric. Ive only ever had a quick go with a gas MP7 but loved every second of it, more so then I ever did with my TM but thats just me personally. I can tell you the TM has a hell of a range on it, is very accurate and has an ok rate of fire, this increases slightly with the battery mod.
            sigpic If you sell, buy or trade with me please remeber to leave feedback!

Comment

Originally posted by plainlazy44 View Post
              The KWA GBB one is considered by many to be the best GBB rif on the market atm.
              Best GBB RIF? What about GBB Tm pistols? or WE GBB rifles? That's a big claim to make..

Anyway, to the OP:

The great thing about the MP7s is that they are all pretty awesome, usable guns. As far as I know, KWA is some sort of clone/rebrand of KSC that doesn't have trades but has upgraded nozzle to take Green. The KSC Japan is designed for use in Japan only so comes in at less than 1J and can't take Green. The KSC Taiwan is essentially the same as the KWA but has trades please clarfiy anyone who knows this to be wrong! and so has an upgraded nozzle to take Green for higher fps in, you guessed it, Taiwan. And of course the rest of the world that isn't as tight as Japan on fps.

Either way, for CQB they will all be great. Just don't use them on green gas, the KSC Japan CAN take Green with the upgraded ready fighter loading nozzle, but it's likely that on Green they could all be too hot for CQB.

Personally, for CQB I would recommend the TM. However good the three GBB ones are, they will never run quite as reliably as an electric gun. You'll always get that one mag that vents gas for some unexplained reason etc etc. I also think the mags are cheaper and I believe they do hicaps, so it would be much more usable as a primary.

Don't be put off by low fps. Even in woodland the TMs are usable because of their fantastic range. I only have an upgraded KSC on Green because I use 0.25s (and 280fps is a little low for 0.25s) The GBB is nice, but if I could run a TM one well at 340 ish fps I would've had a TM one instead for the hop and the reliability!!
              Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

Originally posted by TS_Welshy View Post
                Best GBB RIF? What about GBB Tm pistols? or WE GBB rifles? That's a big claim to make..

Anyway, to the OP:

The great thing about the MP7s is that they are all pretty awesome, usable guns. As far as I know, KWA is some sort of clone/rebrand of KSC that doesn't have trades but has upgraded nozzle to take Green. The KSC Japan is designed for use in Japan only so comes in at less than 1J and can't take Green. The KSC Taiwan is essentially the same as the KWA but has trades please clarfiy anyone who knows this to be wrong! and so has an upgraded nozzle to take Green for higher fps in, you guessed it, Taiwan. And of course the rest of the world that isn't as tight as Japan on fps.

Either way, for CQB they will all be great. Just don't use them on green gas, the KSC Japan CAN take Green with the upgraded ready fighter loading nozzle, but it's likely that on Green they could all be too hot for CQB.

Personally, for CQB I would recommend the TM. However good the three GBB ones are, they will never run quite as reliably as an electric gun. You'll always get that one mag that vents gas for some unexplained reason etc etc. I also think the mags are cheaper and I believe they do hicaps, so it would be much more usable as a primary.

Don't be put off by low fps. Even in woodland the TMs are usable because of their fantastic range. I only have an upgraded KSC on Green because I use 0.25s (and 280fps is a little low for 0.25s) The GBB is nice, but if I could run a TM one well at 340 ish fps I would've had a TM one instead for the hop and the reliability!!
                I'm not saying you do, but that makes it sound like you are cheating the chrono...
                TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

Originally posted by caffin999 View Post
                  I'm not saying you do, but that makes it sound like you are cheating the chrono...
                  No don't be silly. What I meant was, if you are running 270/80fps on a 0.2, and try to use a 0.25, it won't really be powerful enough. Running 330/40fps on a 0.2, will see you at the optimum energy level for using 0.25s, which at that energy level will give you more range and more accuracy than a 0.2

I run the MP7 on green so that on a 0.2 it does roughly 340, meaning it has enough power for me to use 0.25s effectively. The 0.25s then roughly come out at 310ish fps, but I make sure I chrono with 0.2s at the site. (although I've never understood why they can't just let you chrono with 0.25s, it's not a hard thing to account for)
                  Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

Originally posted by TS_Welshy View Post
                    No don't be silly. What I meant was, if you are running 270/80fps on a 0.2, and try to use a 0.25, it won't really be powerful enough. Running 330/40fps on a 0.2, will see you at the optimum energy level for using 0.25s, which at that energy level will give you more range and more accuracy than a 0.2

I run the MP7 on green so that on a 0.2 it does roughly 340, meaning it has enough power for me to use 0.25s effectively. The 0.25s then roughly come out at 310ish fps, but I make sure I chrono with 0.2s at the site. (although I've never understood why they can't just let you chrono with 0.25s, it's not a hard thing to account for)
                    ahh I knew you weren't a cheeky fellow really

Comment

How much is the battery mod?
                      Originally posted by Tiercel
                      The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

KSC - there's no equal. It's loud and very intimidating in CQB.

Comment

Had both TM and KSC, for me the KSC wins hands down. One of the worst decisions I made was to sell iy.
                          The range on them is fantastic, in CQB they will own a lot of other guns out there. For woodland they work pretty dam well at medium distances.
                          You would be wasting your time using it for harassing fire, but if your more in to your subtle sneaky gaming and let something in close enough your first shot will be enough.

As has been mentioned though, price can be a bit issue with them. Gas and mags arn't cheap.
                          But then in my opinion having to get a Lipo or do a bigger battery conversion on TM is adding to its price.
                          "I sincerely hope your next shit is a hedgehog" loki7491
                          Life in the fast lane........
                          sigpic

Comment

I have the TM one and I adore it. Mine is completely stock but has excllent range, a strong build quality and very very quiet. I regularly use it at woodland sites to great sucess. The batteries are small but I've had them last all day for me. Maybe one change on a trigger happy day. The batteries are extremely quick and easy to change as well so not a hassle in a firefight. Honestly I would take the TM over the GBB everytime due to reliability and cost.
                            Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
                            I've never seen an Aug look so large :p

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Hawk Pure breed airsofter Find out more about Hawk
                            Working...
                            X