Advice on Magpul PTS MOE M4A1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on Magpul PTS MOE M4A1

Hey all. Right think I've finally decided to buy the Magpul PTS M4 after much ummmmming and arrrring. I use wanted to ask the people of Zero In especially those who own one or have experience with one, just really what they thought of it. So basically:

1) Is it worth the money?
    2) Whats it fps out the box and how can this be improved if needs be?
    3) What is the range and accuracy like, can this be improved also?

So any opinions on the gun and what it's like to use would be great, whether it's positive or negative. As you all know it's a fair chunk of money to shell out and so I want to make sure it's exactly what I want and worth it.

Thanks everyone!!!!!

Re: Advice on Magpul PTS MOE M4A1

I have the CQB version, for the money it's worth it, very nice externals which rrp almost the same as the gun, very high ROF, properly shimmed and greased, im getting 21 rps on an 8.4 and around 38 on an 11.1 lipo, hard to get good mags to feed, most normal M4 mags are a little bit loose so you have the hold them in, try and stick with the 120rnd pmag midcaps, they seem to feed flawlessly in mine, the accuracy is a bit awol sometimes, as the insane ROF kept ajusting the hop wheel on mine, so you spray and then you have to reset the hop, have swapped over to a Madbull Ultimate hop, which fixed that problem, I would suggest a Tightbore as you still dont have to much accuracy with the shorter barrel version, on FPS mine was coming in at around 375 fps when if first arrived, put 5k rounds though it and managed to get it down to 360, It's a little bit higher because the gun uses a bearing spring guide and a bearing piston head and Im guessing a m100, so popping a m90/95 in there should give you around 340 fps, I just cut down the original spring though as im lazy, I would suggest getting some stick lipos, and rear wiring it to the stock tube, as I dont like the Moe Handguard design, so have added a Daniel Defence Rail system.
    I hope this helps.

note. this took 9 mins to write, please do read it
    sigpic
    View iTrader Rating Here
    Looking for Kjw KC-02 Parts(Ra-tech, Kjw, etc..) PM me!

Comment

I have found lonex flash mags are a nice fit in the magwell, and feed perfect.

Comment

Im looking at one of these and can only see the cqb version in black (if anyone who know where the get the carbine version from can pm me), anyway I have a few shots of someones a couple of weeks ago and the range was amazing and not upgrades had been done
        sigpic

Comment

I havent tryed them, I am wanting to as im not so good with midcaps as im not on a very high budget, a little bit silly skirmishing with 3 midcaps and a 100 rnd speed loader.
          sigpic
          View iTrader Rating Here

Comment

Ahh thanks a lot for the 9min reply was very useful. I really want to add a DD rail on mine (when I get it) and the madbull ultimate hop had been recommended by quite a few people. Want to put a few things on it externally tbh and just tweak the internals if needs be!!

Comment

anyone know the difference between the pts version at £450 and the cqb version at £315, as far as I can tell they both have genuine magpul furniture and g&p internals
              sigpic

Comment

they are the same, just different websites charging ludicrus prices, the only one more expencive than the G&P Licenced one it the VFC, which uses like a systema drop in gearbox I think, so they over charge for it, but if it's call the PTS then it's G&P internals.
                sigpic
                View iTrader Rating Here

Comment

I don't think it is just down to different websites.

One is a G&P Magpul M4, whilst the other is Magpul licensed. The details for the G&P cqb stated 'M4 Magpul Type Metal Body'

But as said before the Magpul licensed version has G&P internals, so you are probably paying more just because it is licensed.

Comment

Revell where did you get your Magpul M4 from?

Comment

mine was licenced and it was only £316.
                      and it came from Z1, all the rails and silencer I put on myself though.
                      sigpic
                      View iTrader Rating Here

Comment

So what is the actual difference then, because im looking at ones for £316 or ones for almost £450 quid. Are both G&P interior and Magpul exterior??

Comment

The Website, the box that is comes in, and a peice of paper saying licenced.
                          Even though mine was in the PTS licenced box and had some paperwork was still only £316 though, so I see no difference in any of them.
                          sigpic
                          View iTrader Rating Here

Comment

Originally posted by revell55 View Post
                            The Website, the box that is comes in, and a peice of paper saying licenced.
                            Even though mine was in the PTS licenced box and had some paperwork was still only £316 though, so I see no difference in any of them.

Yeah i dont see any difference, aside from colours (you can have a black body with foliage green stock, grip etc)

Comment

thats only because they dont make a Foliage green Body
                              sigpic
                              View iTrader Rating Here

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

DC23 Find out more about DC23
                              Working...
                              X